A box full of brokens!!

Bent-Twig

Jun 9, 2008
North Central Ohio
Hey ,

Do any of you relic hunters also have a box of heartbreakers like this? Every now and then I will dig thru these boxes and pick out some candidates for my amature restoration projects. I have a couple of these boxes full. All are personal finds in the 12 years I have been relic hunting. Lots'a memories in this ole' box of relics. Since I got it out I might as well pick a few out to restore.

Happy Huntin' , Bent-Twig.

Attachments

• Picture 1483.jpg
    Picture 1483.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 362
  • Picture 1480.jpg
    Picture 1480.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 342
  • Picture 1481.jpg
    Picture 1481.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 343
  • Picture 1479.jpg
    Picture 1479.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 354
  • Picture 1478.jpg
    Picture 1478.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 346
  • Picture 1477.jpg
    Picture 1477.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 346
  • Picture 1475.jpg
    Picture 1475.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 348
  • Picture 1470.jpg
    Picture 1470.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 347
  • Picture 1468.jpg
    Picture 1468.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 358
  • Picture 1467.jpg
    Picture 1467.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 355
Upvote 0
wow, you have some nice heartbreakers, lets see the good ones well i mean the better ones. thanks now i feel like turning around and going back into the field. you in ohio

I agree with what some of the others are saying. I see quite a few pieces in there that I woulf put in frames or at least have out on display, especially all of the slate pieces. Of course slate is rare down my way so anything I find of slate is displayed whether it's broken or not.

As for having boxes of brokes and heartbreakers, yeah I have a few. All of the boxes you see under these shelves are full of broken pieces. There are also al kinds of boxes in behind that showcase on the right.

Attachments

• Pics-440.jpg
    Pics-440.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 298
I see quite a few in your "broken" box that don't appear to be broken AT ALL!!!

Are you sure some of them aren't dulled blades? Then I see a lot of stuff that has old breaks in it. That's the stuff with character in my opinion. Frame them!!!

Nice, i keep all of mine in riker cases but they are from 1 site, man cool colors and pics,i use to display brokes cause its all i had i still display a few and have some on a book shelf.

J Brown,

We are sure gettin' the rain. I love going over to Spencer and hunting. Great area. We'll have to hook up for a hunt sometime. I was supposed to be at the Mopar Natls. at Norwalk but there wont be any racing this weekend. Post some moreof that great local stuff. I know your bound to have some awesome flint.

Happy Huntin' , Bent-Twig.

Hey Folks,

Some of the responses were to display this stuff. I had a few extra cases laying around , so here's what ended up. Not very impressive , but not as bad as I thought they would look.

Happy Huntin' ,Bent-Twig.

Attachments

• Picture 1490.jpg
    Picture 1490.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 238
  • Picture 1488.jpg
    Picture 1488.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 225
  • Picture 1484.jpg
    Picture 1484.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 231
I think they look awesome, I too frame broken points, better than keeping then in a box.
Another box of points seeing the light of day ;D

Molly. :)

you all have such great finds, I have yet to find one arrowhead here in NJ and I should be able to find them as Indians were all over down here... and before you say it. Yes, I do keep my eyes out for them.. but you can bet when I do find my first one, Ya all will hear about it..

beautiful displays and awesome points and everything else.

Booty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back