North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A "CLEANER" Lunch

Still gridding off sections of the yard during lunch. Today I found a few tidbits, but nothing too great. If it doesn't rain on Sat. I'll be back out for my usual 6 hour hunt.
Today's finds:

*Cleaner bullet.
Can someone ID this one. Williams type 2? Type 3?

*A horseshoe shaped aluminum good luck piece with a 1957 Wheat in the center.
It reads" Keep me and never go broke - Good luck"

*1930 & 41 wheats.

*A small old button that I can't quite make out the back mark on.
Can anyone make out the words on the back?

*Asst'd relics & horse related pieces.

Any idea what the large brass loop piece with threaded end is?

Thanks for looking,
MM

Attachments

• MVC-098S.JPG
    MVC-098S.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 1,209
  • MVC-099S.JPG
    MVC-099S.JPG
    30.1 KB · Views: 1,214
  • MVC-100S.JPG
    MVC-100S.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 1,212
  • MVC-101S.JPG
    MVC-101S.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 1,192
  • MVC-102S.JPG
    MVC-102S.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 1,198
  • MVC-103S.JPG
    MVC-103S.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 1,182
Upvote 0
Re: A "CLEANER" Lunch

Way to go Doug. You always seem to come up with a nice variety of relics. Keep up the good work. :thumbsup:

bridgeendfarm said:
the ring screw in thingy I think is for the top of a lamp shade.

Nice digs

Maybe, but it's awful large for a lamp. I'm thinking horse related possibly.
Thanks,
MM

Middle left is that a silver dollar or coin!!!! What is it :icon_scratch:

Rob66 said:
Middle left is that a silver dollar or coin!!!! What is it :icon_scratch:

Rob,
It's an aluminum good luck piece from the 1950's.
I wish it were a silver coin. :D
-MM-

ModernMiner said:
bridgeendfarm said:

Nice digs

Thanks,
MM
Hey Doug...I agree on the horse related part,look's to me like a guide ring for the horse harness and pretty old at that.The cleaner is a "type 3".Congrat's on the all the find's Bud,just never know!!

congrats with today's finds. to small to be an ore lock ???

ModernMiner said:
Still gridding off sections of the yard during lunch. Today I found a few tidbits, but nothing too great. If it doesn't rain on Sat. I'll be back out for my usual 6 hour hunt.
Today's finds:

*Cleaner bullet.
Can someone ID this one. Williams type 2? Type 3?

*A horseshoe shaped aluminum good luck piece with a 1957 Wheat in the center.
It reads" Keep me and never go broke - Good luck"

*1930 & 41 wheats.

*A small old button that I can't quite make out the back mark on.
Can anyone make out the words on the back?

*Asst'd relics & horse related pieces.

Any idea what the large brass loop piece with threaded end is?

Thanks for looking,
MM
That's a cool good luck charm MM. I've found a couple of them over the years. Don't you wish there would be a silver dime in there instead of the wheaties they put in em'.

Type III cleaner. Hey! I have one of those danged brass threaded thingys too! I'd love to figure out what they are. Mine is shaped a little differently...but certainly too big for a lamp shade piece.

Nice hunt. CW relics on a lunch break...I call that a GREAT lunch. (I've gotta find a way to try that sometime!)

-Buckleboy

Bullet is a williams cleaner type 3 , I believe the round brass piece with the threads on it is a guide for the reins on a horse harness for driving a wagon or carriage. Cool stuff!

Dude. I'm coming down tomorrow and hunting Saturday. :icon_biggrin: Yeah, I wish. Dan and I will most likely hook up this weekend although we still might have some snow on the ground and it will be a bit chilly.....

The Lucky Horseshoe is cool. Nate found one of those with a 40's wheat in it at my brothers house. About the same bad shape as yours.

Good luck Saturday. You gonna hit that horse riding area?

When is spring break for your kids? Ours are off the week after Easter. I'll have to take Nate out on a hunt or two.

Bob

Buckles Mahaffey said:
Type III cleaner. Hey! I have one of those danged brass threaded thingys too! I'd love to figure out what they are. Mine is shaped a little differently...but certainly too big for a lamp shade piece.
Nice hunt. CW relics on a lunch break...I call that a GREAT lunch. (I've gotta find a way to try that sometime!)
-Buckleboy
Keep It up MM wish my lunches were that good.
And believe it or not I just found the same brass threaded thing last week. let me know when toy find out what it is
HH
Jeff

Super finds, MM! 8)

:)

tymcmurray said:
What Yard??
I need a yard like that!!!
Nice finds, MM!!!

Me too Ty. :D
This is the plantation house yard. I found these wheats a few inches deep in the gravel drive at the edge of the lawn. I'm sure a lot of coins are buried in this huge driveway. :'(
-MM-

KirkPA said:
Doug,
You better hit that pasture! There are Reales waiting! :tongue3: :thumbsup:
Nice digs!
Kirk

Thanks Buddy.
I'm hitting the next pasture on Sat. if it's not a rain out. I'm just about finished with my 1st gridding on the side yard.
Good luck to you guys on Sunday.
-MM-

civilman1 said:
ModernMiner said:
bridgeendfarm said:
Nice digs

Thanks,
MM
Hey Doug...I agree on the horse related part,look's to me like a guide ring for the horse harness and pretty old at that.The cleaner is a "type 3".Congrat's on the all the find's Bud,just never know!!

Thanks Civil.
I found the bullet only a few inches deep on the dirt path from the house to the barn. I'm glad it stayed there for about 150 years. :D
-MM-

Nick Pappagiorgio said:
D- Lish...
Uncle Wheat-O is correct...Type #3 Cleaner...SIMPLY STELLAR...
The heart could be a Martingale...I think it is...Get PBJ...errr uumm PBK...
GREAT STUFF...
Nick

Nick,
Thanks for the ID's. That heart is definitely old. It was in a hot spot where I found the cleaner bullet and suspender clip (last hunt).
Looking forward to starting our challenge on Easter. :D
-Lish-

silverfreak said:
That's a cool good luck charm MM. I've found a couple of them over the years. Don't you wish there would be a silver dime in there instead of the wheaties they put in em'.

Bryce,
Man you got that right. A silver dollar even. :thumbsup:
-MM-

Buckles Mahaffey said:

-Buckleboy

Thanks BB.
Yeah, I can't complain. I have three old sites right by work. What more could I ask for? (Besides a CW buckle or gold coin :D )
Have a great w/end.
-MM-

diggervet said:
Bullet is a williams cleaner type 3 , I believe the round brass piece with the threads on it is a guide for the reins on a horse harness for driving a wagon or carriage. Cool stuff!

Thanks Dig.
I thought it was horse related. I found it right next to the horse pasture.
-MM-

Mirage said:
Dude. I'm coming down tomorrow and hunting Saturday. :icon_biggrin: Yeah, I wish. Dan and I will most likely hook up this weekend although we still might have some snow on the ground and it will be a bit chilly.....

The Lucky Horseshoe is cool. Nate found one of those with a 40's wheat in it at my brothers house. About the same bad shape as yours.
Good luck Saturday. You gonna hit that horse riding area?
When is spring break for your kids? Ours are off the week after Easter. I'll have to take Nate out on a hunt or two.
Bob

Bob,
You know you guys are always welcome here at Club Miner. Not to be confused with Michael Jackson's "Club MINOR". :o :D
My kids are out starting next Wed. and all of the following week. Wifey has been out in Cali on biz, so my detecting has been limited to only lunch time. :'(
Good luck to you guys. If I know you and Dan, we'll be seeing some nice finds soon. :thumbsup:
Have a great weekend,
Doug

woodspiritcarver said:
Buckles Mahaffey said:
-Buckleboy
Keep It up MM wish my lunches were that good.
And believe it or not I just found the same brass threaded thing last week. let me know when toy find out what it is
HH
Jeff

Thanks Jeff.
Yeah, I love going to lunch. A LOT of iron in my diet though. :D
-MM-

on the good luck charm --- well its true so long as you have it you have 1 cent so your not broke. :D --

Doug, Can you make out anything on the reverse of the good luck charm? I have one just like it..the reverse says where it is from..in my case, an old amusement park that's no longer operating.

Too bad that aluminum doesn't hold up really well..mine is pock-marked as well.

Nat

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back