Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Didn't really find much in the way of intrinsic value today but I sure was busy digging! :)

I concentrated on just one type of hit today, see if you can tell which. ;)

OVERALLDAY.jpg

BLINGIE_HEARTS_BLING.jpg
Blingie just loves his bling. Even fake, plasticized ones. ;)

BRASSBUTTON.jpg
Brass button.

I did have a find today that made me say my name out loud:

TAG1.jpg
TAG2.jpg
TAG3.jpg
TAG4.jpg
TAG5.jpg

No clue. :dontknow:

Also, today I made a return that will stay with me for a very long time!

I was just finishing up on my latest pull tab and looked up before getting up. There, staring me right in the eye was a toddler. About 3-4 years old. He looked as if his whole young world had just caved in on him. Red eyes, sniffling.

I had to quickly run the last curse I thought I'd said under my breath back over in my mind! After playing it back I realized that I had not said it out loud. We REALLY do need to be careful what we say out there, ya know!? :)

Just as I was about to ask if I'd scared him I heard mom's voice from behind me.

"Can you help us?"

After I'd gotten over the shock of surprise visitors, (I was out in the middle of a large ball field). I said sure, how can I help.

She told me that her son was playing on the playground up on the hill and when they got ready to leave he noticed that he'd lost one of his most prized possessions. A little toy car that his father had given him before he shipped overseas.

She said she didn't want to bother me but he saw the man with a detector down on the field and begged her to ask him to find it for him. (I was more impressed than worried. This boy couldn't be more than 4 and he KNEW what I was doing and that I might be able to find his car with my detector!)

She went on apologizing for bothering me and reached for her son's hand whose eyes were beginning to well up again. I stopped her and told her some things are just more important in life and that I would be most happy to give it a try. When we got up there he told me where he'd last seen the car and how he stuck it in the pocket of his overalls. I promised him I'd look but made sure he knew that there's no guarantee that I'd find it for him. He nodded, halfheartedly, dejectedly.

But, happy endings abounded! I found it in short order and he grabbed it to his little heart with the biggest smile I'd ever seen!

Sorry, there's no pics as I respected the mom's wishes that I wouldn't post her sons pic on the internet.

But, that smile!!!

:-)

Wow! Did I ever feel good after that! Also, as an aside. Most of the quarters? Came AFTER I did that. :)

Thanks for stopping by!

HH!

Last edited:
Upvote 26

choppadude

Dec 23, 2012
Twin Tiers NY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus X2, CTX 3030, E Trac, T2, AT Pro, AKA Sorex, Makro Kruzer, Minelab GP3500, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that's what it is all about! Kudos to you for taking the time to brighten this young guys day.
It is the little acts of kindness from strangers that I remember most fondly in life.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
GOOD DEAL Whatifind!!!!

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi whadifind =) Looks like you were concentrating on the zinc penny signals am I correct? I got one anodized aluminum kiddie ring today that read only a bit lower than them. Looks like I beat the tar out of ya on nickel count tho =D I dug 17 today ! Pretty close to my record think 18 is my best before. Lots of these were 7 inches down easy, dark red Jefferson nickels! Have been digging more of those pull-tab signals most of the middle screen ones are squares, had one very large square that read like a copper penny today also, pudding tab pulls perhaps? Only got 6 clad quarters today didn't find any rich spots but I am sure there is more out there!

P.S. Good show on that return :treasurechest:

Last edited:

megnpat

Apr 30, 2013
bellaire MI
Detector(s) used
somethin with a round thing on it ;)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds and an even more awesome return good karma will follow u for sure

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
G, I think that is one of the sweetest stories I've read on TNet! Way to go on finding his little car, but more importantly for having 'heart!'

:)
Breezie

silversurfer1111

Jul 14, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
GARRET AT PRO ..Whites Classic SL. . modified 9 Function Metal Detector from Harbor Freight tools
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
was the mom HOT lol IM just kidding lol you saved the day lol ... digging in a ball field ! with that dry soil ..that plug is dead ..lol sorry I had to give you a hared time lol :occasion14:

housemom6

Jun 7, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites Quantum XT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was the nicest thing Ive seen all day. That really made my rotten day better. Thank you. Nice finds btw. You get some big honkin karma points today.

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
... digging in a ball field ! with that dry soil ..that plug is dead ..lol sorry I had to give you a hared time lol :occasion14:

Well, surprisingly, this particular ball field holds it's water very well. At least the deep outfield does anyway. So, no, no plug killage here. Sorry.

:)

HH!

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You returned something even more precious to that little boy than a lost ring. Maybe it wasn't made of gold but in my opinion it's still worthy of Honorable Mention! :notworthy:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ajaj

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2012
Orange, Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Minelab eTrac
Minelab Excalibur 8"
Makro Racer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent job! Now, when a conversation occurs later with that woman and her friends, tomorrow or years from now, and the topic of metal detecting pops up, me thinks she'll be gushing with support of the pastime.

aj

Uncle Jeff

May 28, 2013
Tampa, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer AT -
TEKNETICS EUROTEK PRO -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awe, EXCELLENT work !

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You returned something even more precious to that little boy than a lost ring. Maybe it wasn't made of gold but in my opinion it's still worthy of Honorable Mention! :notworthy:

Oh, I don't know from mentions here. :) But, I'll tell ya. I felt very honored to be able to help out like that. Made my day.
Just keep in mind the action when you're out there. We all can make a difference. Just be ready.

Also, did anyone notice my mistake? Look at the 5th "quarter" from the right. LOL

Thanks to everyone for all the responses!

HH!

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also, did anyone notice my mistake? Look at the 5th "quarter" from the right. LOL

Thanks to everyone for all the responses!

HH!
Did you stick a nickel in the lineup? :icon_scratch:

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
5th coin from the right quarters row looks bigger than a quarter , what is it?

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
G, I think that is one of the sweetest stories I've read on TNet! Way to go on finding his little car, but more importantly for having 'heart!' :)
Breezie

"heart" oh my! A puny pun! ;)

Glad you liked the story, Breezie. But I'm even more happy that I served a purpose. To someone!
It's getting more and more difficult to do that for me anymore.

Remember that old Irish toast? "May ye be in heaven an hour afore the devil knows your dead!"

I don't think that'll be a problem in my case. :dontknow:

Take care!

HH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions