What's new

A couple decent points and my biggest scraper

the_mad_cladder

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2015
Messages
848
Reaction score
2,381
Golden Thread
0
Location
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with all the coils, MI-6 pinpointer, Ace350 and Garrett pro pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I felt bad for my buddy today...even though I have been skunked by him many times.. We walked some rowed up fields today and didn't find hardly anything for almost 3 hours. We were a little worried as we usually find a fair amount of broken stuff out there. Well, then I found the 3 best finds we have found out there ever. The scraper is my biggest flint tool yet. I actually found more intact than broken stuff today.

I also included a shot of even more pottery and flint I found at another spot that I frequent.

IMG_20150503_201010_341.webpIMG_20150502_201345_244.webp
 
Upvote 0
Nice finds.
Your "scraper" looks like a preform to me.
 
I really like the dark point in the middle. Thanks for sharing.
 
Got some nice ones. Any clean pics? I am usually the one that gets skunked when I go with my friend but the last time I scored. I must be learning how to spot them faster now.
 
Got some nice ones. Any clean pics? I am usually the one that gets skunked when I go with my friend but the last time I scored. I must be learning how to spot them faster now.

I rarely clean any of them. How should I go about that?
 
You shouldn't do anything other than just rinse them off with water.. Maybe use a tooth brush to remove clay that's stuck
 
Scraper may also be a crude chipped axe. The points look to be Kirk (black one) and Morrow Mountain. Cool finds.
 
You shouldn't do anything other than just rinse them off with water.. Maybe use a tooth brush to remove clay that's stuck

Gator said it. Tooth brush and water. Never scrub hard on pottery.

Got some nice ones. Any clean pics? I am usually the one that gets skunked when I go with my friend but the last time I scored. I must be learning how to spot them faster now.

heres the point cleaned up a bit.IMG_20150505_163949_891.webp
 
Lets see the rest.....
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom