What's new

A couple mystery items

john845

Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2017
Messages
408
Reaction score
1,075
Golden Thread
0
Location
Newburgh ny
Detector(s) used
Whites Class III SL. Spectrum xlt Tesoro Vaquero Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1551577902344-922334267.webp1551577975551-1021592745.webp I have found these before but don't know what they are. Maybe a cufflink?

1551578130742920418863.webp1551578157366-1279278293.webp This round thing is made of brass or copper and had three set screws one is missing.

15515783468632111006463.webp1551578372725-352085139.webp1551578432834-939825081.webp.
This long thing is made of brass or copper. When I turn the geared part it spins the round part. I think there is a bolt going through it holding it together. All of these where found near a cellar hole going back to the late 1700s and I think it was lived in until the 1940s. There was some more modern trash dumped in the one cellar hole. Any ideas?
 
Top pic I don't have a good guess on.

2nd pic. Baby buggy wheel , missing the rubber that goes around it. (?)

3rd pic.A lamp/stove/heater wick winder. (?)
 
Upvote 0
The first one is a shirt collar stud:

il_570xN.1414065073_2sfp.webp
 
Upvote 0
I think wick winder too for 3 but number two reminds me of a type of ceiling fan or light fixture I see the plate the wire would feed through the middle and the screws would hold the other part of the light/fan
 
Upvote 0
This is my favorite forum . Most of us arent experts on antiques or relics but we are treasure hunters cause we appreciate old stuff and collecting and from childhood tinkered and collected and probably fixed stuff and are still digging in lifes sandbox that most all items get an Id, even a axle to a hotwheels car to a eyeball from a rockem sockem robot lol hit by a lawnmower in the ground for 50 years LOL great IDs Tommy
 
Upvote 0
#2 looks like the bracket to hold a lamp globe.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom