What's new

A few from a few hunts, clovis?

Wallhangers

Hero Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2008
Messages
897
Reaction score
59
Golden Thread
0
Location
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, T2 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heres a few points and scrapers found so far. The little triangle point sure seems like a clovis although I should try to post some better pics later of the groove. What do you think?
100_1580_zps1acfeb47.jpg
 
Upvote 0
nice finds congrats HH
 
It isn't a Clovis but instead a Hardaway or a dalton. I'm pretty sure of that. I can't see a flute in the pic, but for you to think Clovis, I take it that it is there. They are not much later than Clovis. In fact, some say older than Clovis. Nice find!
 
The one thing about clovis that I learned in shape is it comes back up square from the tips or auricles before returning to the tip. I am not talking about fluted or non fluted or basil grinding. Looks like you have some nice artifacts though.
Good hunting and a few wall hangers :thumbsup:
HH
TnMtns
 
Nice finds, but the Point in question is not a Clovis and I highly doubt it's a Dalton or a Hardaway either if they are from Michigan. To far out of the range for either type. More than likely just a Late Woodland Triangle type.
 
arrow_head.gif
Nice finds Wallhangers.
 
Id call it a Woodland but you do have some Archaics in the mix which is older than Woodland.
 
Thanks for the replies and input. I have found all eras of points on this particular site including a partial paleo point and many archaic points. The only reason I thought it was clovis is from similar points I seen on internet sites showing small clovis points. It is definitely different than most of the woodland triangle points I had found in the past.
 
Thanks for the replies and input. I have found all eras of points on this particular site including a partial paleo point and many archaic points. The only reason I thought it was clovis is from similar points I seen on internet sites showing small clovis points. It is definitely different than most of the woodland triangle points I had found in the past.

We have often been wrong before. Try to find someone in your area or local college and see what they have. Sometimes local stuff is not always the norm :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom