What's new

A few neat items with pictures

Shake-N-Bake

Hero Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2007
Messages
647
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Some of you know the story about me. I owned a printing and sign business for many years before getting seriously hurt with a back injury in Sept '07. At that point I retired and then had two major back surgeries. If any of you have or now are self employed you know one thing, YOU WORK A LOT. Well after a year and a half recovery I now found myself with A LOT of time on my hands and I was bored, so that is where CRHing came into play. I started this great hobby Sept. 2008 and loving it ever since.
Well anyways I was bored again so I messed around with some of the equipment I kept and came up with a few neat items. I started going to coin shows with a dealer friend of mine and selling a few things at the shows, so far all is well.

The glasses are laser etched
The Wooden Nickels are laser engraved
The Copper bars are engraved using a computer aided engraving machine with a diamond bit.

Hope you enjoy the pictures!

Have a great day,
Jason
 

Attachments

  • Log Cabin Pint Glass.webp
    Log Cabin Pint Glass.webp
    22.2 KB · Views: 401
  • Rail Splitter Pint Glass.webp
    Rail Splitter Pint Glass.webp
    22.7 KB · Views: 412
  • Proffessional Years Pint Glass.webp
    Proffessional Years Pint Glass.webp
    28.1 KB · Views: 394
  • Presidential Pint Glass.webp
    Presidential Pint Glass.webp
    32.7 KB · Views: 394
  • 20 Dollar Copper Bar.webp
    20 Dollar Copper Bar.webp
    32.3 KB · Views: 401
  • Copper Bullion1.webp
    Copper Bullion1.webp
    108.7 KB · Views: 399
  • Copper Bullion2.webp
    Copper Bullion2.webp
    58.9 KB · Views: 393
  • Copper Bullion3.webp
    Copper Bullion3.webp
    74 KB · Views: 388
  • Wooden Nickels.webp
    Wooden Nickels.webp
    36.4 KB · Views: 395
Upvote 0
Now that's some really nice looking copper. I like the glasses even though i dont care too much for the new penny design. I'm sure there are plenty of people who would love to have that.
 
Those are sweet! Do you coat the copper bullion to prevent corrosion? If so, with what?

Kindest regards,
Kantuck
 
Kantuckkeean said:
Those are sweet! Do you coat the copper bullion to prevent corrosion? If so, with what?

Kindest regards,
Kantuck
I do not coat the copper. I use jewelers rouge to polish it, as long as they are handled by the sides they will stay bright and shiney for a long time. Just have to keep the oil from your fingers off the surface.

Thanks for the compliments...

Jason
 
Jason you are a very talented man, i can't even draw a straight line with a ruler. hope you do well. :thumbsup:
 
Those are all very nice Jason. Just goes to show what a man with time on his hands can do.
Gilbert
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom