What's new

A Fun and Productive Afternoon

KeyaPaha

Full Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2015
Messages
227
Reaction score
553
Golden Thread
0
Location
Naper, Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000D and now M6
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
After spending the morning cutting up big 3 trees the wind took down the other night, I decided I needed some fun. So, I drove the wife to town for her club meeting and do a little dirt fishing. Hit the old ball field that I have worked many times. But, as they say, it is never picked clean. I stepped out of the truck, ground balanced and 3 swings later hit my first penny/dime signal and pulled out a Lincoln. A short while later I had a .25 signal and pulled a clad quarter. Working a little further I got a penny/dime signal and rolled out a 64 Rosie. After a couple more clad dimes and pennies, I got a zincon signal at 5 inches. Knew that couldn't be true, so went fishing. When I popped out a square shaped target, I found I had a "good for .25 in trade" token from an 1800s business in the town. The sun was getting to me and I only had a short time before her meeting was over, so I headed for an old house permission I had. I had found IHCs and V nickles there before, but no silver. Since I had worked it hard before, I wasn't expecting much. After chasing a ghost signal down about 10 inches, I moved on. Got a faint penny/dime signal at 8 inches. Getting down there I was rewarded with the glint of silver. I had a great ending coin with an 1897 Barber dime. The two silvers and great token made my day.
 
Upvote 16
So what is on the other side of the token?
John in the Great 208
 
McCoun and Lawson Naper, NE
 
photo_camera.gif
Sounds like nice finds - we need pictures!:laughing7: Thanks for sharing...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom