a good hunt this morning & a strange piece?

larson1951

Silver Member
Apr 8, 2009
North Dakota
Detector(s) used
tesoro
Primary Interest:
Other
we went out this morning for a bit and did great.....last night we had 1.5 inches of rain with a 60 mph wind and it washed the livng daylights out of the place

found a very good example of a squash knife.....one of the best ones ever

then john gives a holler and he's doin the 4-way nature dance......the piece in my hand (3rd & 4th images) is what i'm talking about.............

..never seen anything like it before and i don't have a clue what it is.........a childs toy of some sort?

whad'ya think?....lookie here my tnet friends

IMG_0257.jpg IMG_0259.jpg

IMG_0261.jpg IMG_0263.jpg

IMG_0265.jpg IMG_0267.jpg

IMG_0268.jpg IMG_0272.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Nice finds no clue on the bone artifacts . Looks like tally marks on one piece .

I'd do a 4-way nature dance with that one too, Steve. And spend the rest of my days scratching my head over it:laughing7:

Great hunt!

Could be a Socketed Point or maybe it was used as a Toggle to hold something closed. Killer find no matter what it is.

What a great day and excellent finds. Is the piece bone? Wonder if it could have been used like an awl to put holes in hides?

Very awesome finds I'd still b dancing lol

That is an interesting piece. I can see it being jammed into something (maybe with a removable handle fixed on the smaller end) and then it would penetrate and not come out. Now don't I have a wild imagination.

I'm thinking a labret Steve.
For an ear probably.

Well... This is listed as an Eskimo swivel peg (#4)

groupE.JPG

Your mystery piece is quite interesting. Make you wonder, but still a very cool find. The hash marks on the one quill flattener were most likely added to for getting a better grip while working the quills.

Interesting piece for sure.....as to what it is if it is the only one you have ever found it would be a hard guess. Maybe go back and see if you can find something that will match it for a use.

WOW - super cool!!!!:thumbsup:

who the hell needs a coil!!!

Great Finds!:notworthy:

Outstanding finds! Thanks for the show ;) Yakker

I was actually thinking of a toy top base when I first saw it. I dont know if anyone remembers them but the base to a top that spun was shaped like that.

I was actually thinking of a toy top base when I first saw it. I dont know if anyone remembers them but the base to a top that spun was shaped like that.

you know rock funny you should say that.........
that was the first thing my partner john said about it too
and i do see what you mean by that

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back