A GUIDE TO VAULT TREASURE HUNTING (Condensed)

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
Hadji, a drone would not work for auras, because after catching an aura you need a stationary point to go back to (on the ground) to be able to view where the aura was caught from in order to pinpoint it on the hill, so having the camera perfectly still on a tripod is an absolute must.

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
Many of your old canons can be updated for interval shooting. I'm not sure which models will work, but again it is free to try to update it and try it.
Here is a website that explains it (called the chdk firmware update). deadspin-quote-carrot-aligned-w-bgr-2

Here is the place that you do the downloads from :Downloads | CHDK Wiki | Fandom powered by Wikia

You pretty much download the program to an sd card and put it in the camera and then follow the instructions.

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
The Picture my mom caught (the big aura) was with a canon film camera from the mid 90s, my dad had caught another aura 2 years earlier with the same camera in an area 50 miles from my moms.
For the obvious reason of the cost of film and development a digital camera is the only way to go, my parents took tens of thousands of pictures with the canon film camera and only caught those two auras.

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have caught some weird things from my digital surveillance system. All around my house but no auras. I Do have pictures of what looks like ghost. I had shared them on another thread. I would show them here by my photo library is a mess at the moment. There was a night time picture of a tree with a skull that had a X for one of.its eyes.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
~: Ancient Sacred Spirit Lands Of Our Fathers' :~
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm curious if any other cameras will work. I'd like to
know if any would show something anywhere near as well.

Here's an interesting video(s) that was shared with me, with the
testing of some cameras & lenses. I still like sandy's methods & choice
of equipment best. I think it's the easiest, and will keep on trying with it.

Interesting this guy is using a "dark" filter for his results.

Last edited:

geotaughtme

Dec 11, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its 12ft deep with 6ft to left and right in the shape of a perfect cross.

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
Its 12ft deep with 6ft to left and right in the shape of a perfect cross.

Interesting especially the measurements of 6's. So your saying each arm is 6 feet apiece? is the head also 6 feet and is the base 12 feet as the base is usually longer. This reminds me of something I mentioned before on here about repurchasing the sin of the world.

Last edited:

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
The chdk firmware update is for all the old canon digitals. I think everyone has an old digital camera or two in the closet. They practically became disposable with the increasing resolutions always coming out. I think I even have an old canon digital somewhere that would take the update.

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RockHopper2,

All I know is where I'm working right now, that as much as I would really like,
I can't get much farther back, except like you said, without cutting down a lot
of trees & brush, & expect to pinpoint anything close to the markers that be.
There is just so many trees, bushes, vines, hills, creeks, washes & canyons.

Even if I was to capture an enormous aura, like what sandy showed us that
his mom caught, it would be nearly impossible to locate it, in the kind of
terrain that you saw in the pics. There's simply no way to see past all
of the obstructions, & also, I would be on another hill(s) looking at
a totally different set of obstructions. So, I am trying what I can,
the best way I can, to use the cameras, & see if there is a way.

I know sandy doesn't think it will work, but I figure it is worth
a try. The only way to set up & take in the kind of real estate
he has, is to move west, & I'm not ready to quit this area yet.
I just don't argue with him about it. What would be the point?
There's also occasional machine guns & cannon fire around lol.

If you got an aura from behind a cedar, try to pinpoint it. You
may or may not replicate it anytime soon. You see & know the
atmosphere, so don't say if your dig spot works. Since you got
an aura, you know by the color what is likely there. Use your L
rods if you like to, and don't show your cards to us, or anyone.

Yes I break the rules, camera too close, use welding rods, but I
don't argue, and I don't show all my cards. But the hand(s) still
isn't over, & new game has just begun. Only the birds will know
how it goes, no matter what the naysayers may preach to us all.

I realize, I may be wasting my time, & it may not work. Yer not
supposed to get an aura from several feet away, & it don't ever
last longer than 1 frame. I was looking long before I tried this,
and there were too many possibilities... The camera at least,
does narrow it down. Next time, maybe I'll catch a big one.
But even if I don't, I'm having a bit of healthy fun trying.

Yes, thats what i like,and that's what works the best for me. Breaking the rules. I have done the aura photo thing,it works,but its hard to catch. Iam working on something different,Its cheap,its light weight and it should work any time any where, brush,trees or none.(East coast,West coast) its all good, well maybe not any time,you wouldn't want to try it in a thunderstorm. If it works for me out in the field,ill give you guys a heads up. Think Nikola Tesla.:icon_thumright:

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
BWB, I don't check for any solar ion radiation storms, even though they are in direct relationship to the auras, as long as its fairly sunny you have a good shot at capturing auras.

I will say this though, after dark you will never catch an aura (I have tried quite a few times and never caught one) I was inspired to do so after my mom caught that large aura that's in my guide, which she took at dusk.

The earth's protective magnetic shield, and therefore the solar and cosmic radiation that endlessly reaches the planet's surface, is constantly changing. The radiation is actually a stream of particles - primarily protons - and typically blankets large areas, but very frequently arrives as stronger concentrated microbursts. These protons collide with the atmosphere and cause all sorts of electromagnetic weirdness. Perhaps this might explain why the camera anomalies are short-lived, and don't appear as being constant over your targets - as, logically they should, and do with the Mexican "blue light" phenomena. With the current weakening of the shield as we enter the cyclical Grand Solar Minimum period, it makes sense that the number of your anomalies should increase.

By the way, here is a terrific YouTube channel with daily summaries of solar weather/activity, with plenty of links to other data. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTiL1q9YbrVam5nP2xzFTWQ

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I actually use Solarham.net alot. You can find predictions out to several days once you familiarize yourself with everything. They aren't always that accurate on predictions out to several days, but often they are right on. They can sometimes predict cmes and solar flares hitting the earth within a few minutes. I timed one once from info from the website and some weird stuff happened. All the powerlines started buzzing and all the insects starting sounding off when it hit.

You won't need this though down in the southern part of the states, it's just an extra effect that seems to correlate to helping up further north or even in the colder months.
And as always you will need to weed out bugs , birds , spiderwebs, grass seeds, cotton, etc that may be floating in the air between you and the targeted area. The really good auras are pretty easy to spot, but there will many other things that look oddball that you won't know for sure what they are.

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I actually use Solarham.net alot. You can find predictions out to several days once you familiarize yourself with everything. They aren't always that accurate on predictions out to several days, but often they are right on. They can sometimes predict cmes and solar flares hitting the earth within a few minutes. I timed one once from info from the website and some weird stuff happened. All the powerlines started buzzing and all the insects starting sounding off when it hit.

You won't need this though down in the southern part of the states, it's just an extra effect that seems to correlate to helping up further north or even in the colder months.
And as always you will need to weed out bugs , birds , spiderwebs, grass seeds, cotton, etc that may be floating in the air between you and the targeted area. The really good auras are pretty easy to spot, but there will many other things that look oddball that you won't know for sure what they are.

As always, the proof is in the pudding.

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
~: Ancient Sacred Spirit Lands Of Our Fathers' :~
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes, thats what i like,and that's what works the best for me. Breaking the rules. I have done the aura photo thing,it works,but its hard to catch. Iam working on something different,Its cheap,its light weight and it should work any time any where, brush,trees or none.(East coast,West coast) its all good, well maybe not any time,you wouldn't want to try it in a thunderstorm. If it works for me out in the field,ill give you guys a heads up. Think Nikola Tesla.:icon_thumright:

What I really meant, was just stretching the norm, unexpectedly, by necessity.
But whatever may work, I will try to get results if I have no other way, even
if it hasn't been tried, or used that way before. I was just surprised to get
anything, for all of the reasons that we've discussed. As sandy said, I've
already taken a few 1,000's of pics. Most times nothing shows up at all.

As for Tesla's experiments, interesting, hope it works out, good luck!

Last edited:

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Springfield, the proof is what you are able to experience, figure out and find on your own time. Some will be successful, some won't. We are all intelligent people and might even surprise you where our research and field work begins and ends.. We don't need a "rational observer" point of view in every couple of posts. It gets old. Non of this is "rational" as to what we all have been previously taught and educated with. We all get it.

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Springfield, the proof is what you are able to experience, figure out and find on your own time. Some will be successful, some won't. We are all intelligent people and might even surprise you where our research and field work begins and ends.. We don't need a "rational observer" point of view in every couple of posts. It gets old. Non of this is "rational" as to what we all have been previously taught and educated with. We all get it.

Actually, unless you establish some sort of benchmark for judging success, you'll never know if your efforts are progressing. For me, the game was always real, not virtual. I have no trouble with non-standard methods - anything that might work is on the table.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I see that the voices are growing. Pretty sure they are one person with an overwhelming need to discredit others because of some shortcoming of their own.

Please, give it a rest.

Don't hijack others' threads, just start your own and you can comment as whichever personality you feel like being today and no one will complain. You can talk about how wrong the people on this thread are and we'll leave you alone.

Be a dear, and stop the nay saying unless you can show a better solution. What business is it of yours how others "waste their time and money"?

Last edited:

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Ha ha ha - if the Club of Four echo chamber was truly outraged by valid questions, you'd simply ignore the questioners instead of regressing to the typical ad hominem tactic to dodge the issues. "Methinks thou dost protest too much." Good luck, adios.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread