Tom_in_CA

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Hey tom I am really just seeking your opinion on those 4 questions..... I am humbly asking your opinion, not trying to make anything more true or false. My tone is one of curiosity not forcefulness. ....

Blak-bart, you are more than kind. All good and well on a forum to trade pros/cons/questions. Thanx ! Ok, to answer your questions, here's some past threads where the subject came up, and the issue of your 4 questions was addressed:

Yamashita's Gold Must See TV
= You will see where I posted on this thread, specifically to address the supposed past finds.

+

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/yamashita-treasure/504226-help-2.html = Read post #26. And the entire threads multiple pages is all good pro & con discussion from both sides.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks tom im checking them out now. !!!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What rum ? ? ? this is ice tea in a rum bottle... for effect.

***ARC smiles***

Oh for the love pete!
I need the rum its cold up here!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh for the love pete!
I need the rum its cold up here!

Having some now while sorting through tales of yamashitas gold, hmmmm......one thing is for sure. RUM IS GOOD!! zaya anyone !!!!

Hey tom post #26...... I read that thread ......it was the day I joined the t-net community. Wierd coincidence. June 6 2016

Last edited:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had to settle for wine, but all's good!

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Tom_in_CA

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Gin & tonic here ! :tongue3: Ok, blak bart, and/or anyone who muses that the Yamashita legend is one that that turned out to be a true legend (and not silly camp fire ghost stories gone awry), consider the following:

Follow the threads I gave in #61, to the links they lead to about this supposed treasure. Sort them out mentally as to "treasure hunters telling the story" versus links which are just legal in nature, or encyclopedic in nature (eg.: wiki). You will notice that any of them that are strictly encyclopedic or legal in nature, will be peppered with the following recurring wording: "alleged" and "claimed". Right ? I defy anyone to count the # of times those words appear :)

Then do the same thing for Mel Fisher's atocha account. Do you find that he "allegedly" and "claimed to" in Fisher's story ? Of course not. Hmmm, do you smell a "he said she said" type story that brewed ? :icon_scratch:

Now go to the "believers" stories (the synopsis of the TV show, or links to past TH'r posts and tellings of the story). Notice how those words are dropped. It will simply say that it was "found" (past tense certainty). WAIT ! You can't have it both ways.

The root of the transition from "alleged" and "claimed" to actually "found" is easily summed up in human nature. We see it ALL THE TIME here on T'net for instance. Story after story of someone who "found" a treasure. And all they need to do is raise money and investors to retrieve it. Or need to know which detector goes the deepest . Or how to circumvent govt. interference in retrieving this treasure that they "found". Or how to sell all this gold without raising tax scrutiny. Blah blah blah. And if you've ever read such posts (from very sincere well-meaning people!) it's always the past tense "found".

But when you scrutinize them (and don't let them wriggle out of specific questioning), it always unravels. Turns out they've only narrowed it down to a certain few acres of swamp land. Or a certain valley. Or a certain cave or mountain, etc.... And they know-so because they have coded maps, or saw symbols on trees or rocks, etc.... So in their mind's eyes, they have "found" it. No amount of trying to tell that that clues or antique maps or ciphers do not constitute having "found" it, will change their mind.

See how that works ? So with that in mind (and knowing that certain cultures/countries are more inclined to have this mindset), then read the Rogelio Roxas accounts and claims again. With a degree of skepticism, you see how it falls apart.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do see your point on the alleged/claimed take on these stories.there is no denying it . Seems like a lot of searching hunting and digging but no recovering.there is also a large piece of work put forth by the aquino goverment that gives an accounting of the ill gotten wealth of the marcos family, and I saw no mention of treasure or japenese gold. Im going to reread it as I only skimed through it . It is long winded. If there was no Buddha found then the roxas clan has pulled the best scam ever by winning a 13000000 $ settelment in court. All very interesting stuff. Still reading.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread