May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We continued to grid for 6 hours & 15 minutes, the only Saxon item to turn up was a Pin Head. We have now covered over 50% of the best area, & a sceat for this year is slipping out of our hands....
On the positive side we had plenty of targets:

2 Roman Coins
Lead Donkey - thats a first!
Cira 1700 Buckle
1/2 Lead Tokem
Jetton
Rose Farthing (17th C)
Spitalsfield Market Token (Another first) - circa WWI period
2 Tudor Strapends
Saxon Pinhead
3 Hammered, 1 bit, 1 Lizzy halfgroat, 1 Charles I Penny
1817 Sixpence
Broken Lizzy I Trade Weight:sadsmiley:

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    201.9 KB · Views: 77
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    130.2 KB · Views: 71
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    218.3 KB · Views: 75
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    179.2 KB · Views: 74
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    155 KB · Views: 84
  • 9.JPG
    9.JPG
    180.7 KB · Views: 75
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    206.5 KB · Views: 80
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    193.3 KB · Views: 78
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    151.5 KB · Views: 74
  • a.JPG
    a.JPG
    73 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Upvote 11
Definitely a lot of targets and some goof ones at that. I like that little 17th century buckle and the silver.

looks like a lot of great finds

WHAT DO YOU GIVE A MAN THAT ALREADY HAS EVERYTHING ? CONGRATS ON ALL YOUR FINDS ....

Awesome Hammered silver!!! They are just freakin' cool to me! Got a question, is the heart-shaped thing with the hole in the middle a token? It's kind of cool....:icon_thumright:

A good day with Silver and still Saxon finds there! It's the half area so more will come.

2 Scrappies added.

Looks like you and your Dad had a good day in the field today Cru, congrats on the silvers. :thumbsup:
I love the look of this holed token, I've never seen a heart-shaped example before, this china frag looks early too.

Dave

Attachments

• 7-crop.JPG
    7-crop.JPG
    18.5 KB · Views: 201
  • 2-crop.JPG
    2-crop.JPG
    16.5 KB · Views: 199
Uh huh! I figured you would do very well today and you did. Wow, great hammered silver.

Awesome Hammered silver!!! They are just freakin' cool to me! Got a question, is the heart-shaped thing with the hole in the middle a token? It's kind of cool....:icon_thumright:

Its a London Market token.

Looks like you and your Dad had a good day in the field today Cru, congrats on the silvers. :thumbsup:
I love the look of this holed token, I've never seen a heart-shaped example before, this china frag looks early too.

Dave

Transfer print 1880s Marmalade jar.

The bull head has got good detail still, also nice going on the hammered.
Well done on posting up your first lead ass.

That site looks like tombac city. But that's always a good sign, and I see that you definitely took advantage. Nice hunt, and congrats on adding to your enormous hammered silver collection.

That site looks like tombac city. But that's always a good sign, and I see that you definitely took advantage. Nice hunt, and congrats on adding to your enormous hammered silver collection.

All blanks though, but it makes you think that anything could pop up.

That Lincoln with the braze spot on it is a banner :P

WD. heh

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back