Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
This is what SADS needs to get. He lives down there band this book has a lot of leads.

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark....Aqua pulse 1B....Equinox ll
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

Hi GH.

Aquanut kindly sent me his to borrow but I will gladly give you the penny for it, lets see how high we can get this to go. Maybe the next bid should be 2 penny's then 4 then. 8 etc?

All the very best
Kevin

Is it the volume 1?

Salvor, I am off on 3 day exped on Monday following up on some of the leads, I'll let you know if I find anything.

Last edited:

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi GH.

Aquanut kindly sent me his to borrow but I will gladly give you the penny for it, lets see how high we can get this to go. Maybe the next bid should be 2 penny's then 4 then. 8 etc?

All the very best
Kevin

Is it the volume 1?

Salvor, I am off on 3 day exped on Monday following up on some of the leads, I'll let you know if I find anything.

Good luck Kevin and as always, be safe!

Frank

OP
OP
G

Galleon Hunter

Jul 30, 2007
Florida
Detector(s) used
Aque Pulse
The book's title is A Shipwreck Guide to the Bahamas, Turks and Caicos 1500-1990 Volume I (for wreck divers and treasure hunters)

The book is packed full of great information.

This is the only version of the book I have ever seen. Does anyone know if Tony ever wrote a Volume II or beyond?

BVI Hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2013
VIRGIN ISLANDS
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT Pro
SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Ghost Amphibian Headphones
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
shame

some great info in Vol One, would have been great to update / add to that!!

OP
OP
G

Galleon Hunter

Jul 30, 2007
Florida
Detector(s) used
Aque Pulse
I don't know how Jaggers could have come up with enough additional material to warrant a Volume II. His date range 1500-1990 pretty much eliminates moving in either direction. I guess you could do a 1991-present, but that wouldn't really be feasible. Modern fishing boats, sail boats, etc. The geographical coverage is outstanding. Jagger even covered the Silver Banks area which is claimed by the Dominican Republic. Sure he missed a few wrecks, but overall I think he adequately covered the entire area and time period. Maybe he realized he did such a great job with volume I, there was no need to pursue a volume II?

treshuntintom

May 24, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rob,for some reason I remember buying 2 books from Tony.Joe Sheppard bought my books when I retired from out there.Still have Joe's phone number,back in S.A.

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
$136.43 with shipping was the final price.
I am feeling much better about what I paid for mine from Alan Workman. :thumbsup:

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
This book is a great template for compiling your own book on any particular area. The 3-ring binder approach allows you to re-order your material with ease as well as add notes, maps, photos, etc. After a few years, print up a few dozen/hundred then advertise and sell them.
I really like the format.
:skullflag:

Last edited:

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
LuckyKevin:

Have you seen this one?

Galleons And Sunken Treasure By Claudio Bonifacio
Price: $33.78

"This is the first English translation of the original work "Galleons Con Tesoros" by Claudio Bonifacio. This landmark publication is the result of many years of research in Spanish Archives throughout the world dealing with the vessels of the Spanish Empire, where they wrecked and what they carried at the time of their destruction. It is an incredible collection of first-person narratives pulled directly from the records of the time. This is an astounding book that you won't be able to put down! Contains more than eleven hundred archive citations of wrecks, more than 70 illustrations including the fabled drawings of "Treasure Island”, and actual translated extracts from original documents dealing with the Maravillas, the San Jose, and the Mercedes of recent fame, to name just a few. A great reference work for academics and laymen alike!"

~ From the Lulu catalog.

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaroo

PS: I'm glad I didn't wait to offer my copy of eBay before he posted his 2nd...

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
LuckyKevin:

Here's another one from Lulu:

Shipwrecks of the Dominican Republic and A Guide to Shipwreck Identification Through Recovered Artifacts By Black Duck, Robert Splash Klein

Paperback, 155 Pages
Price: $59.00

"This book is for the young and the old, for the novice and the expert. It is based on research and fact. It will serve as a guide and a reference for anyone with an interest in shipwrecks, artifacts, and treasures of all kinds. "

~ Again, the description is from Lulu.

Good luck to all!

~The Old Bookaroo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread