A strong start - season 6

it has been reported that FDR also was in new mexico in 1929 working at the taggert claim. they say he even built a cabin there.

I find that hard to believe. Why build a house?
Yep.. Most amazing thing Rick and Marty have revealed about OI. Unless Rick is just blatantly lying (or Fred lied to him) as he says it multiple times on the episode it must be true...

Fred was obviously a pretty eccentric guy.... You would have to be to keep searching for treasure on OI for most of your life I would guess. Still I agree how strange to build a house and never sleep in it....

I found the episode mildly entertaining. It was a refreshing break from the fruitless grind of discovering rotting wood buried underground. But I like ghost stories.

On the one hand, if you put people with "overactive imaginations" on a scarcely populated island that gets a lot of fog, things will be "seen".

On the other hand, whenever you have more than one person experiencing the same phenomena, it points to there being truth to it. There may be weird unexplainable things happening around there, supernatural or just lacking explanation from current knowledge.

I had to bust a gut over the scene where Matt plays the video of the 10-x clanging sound for Marty and Rick. And Marty looks like he wants to smack him upside the head.

Fred was obviously a pretty eccentric guy.... You would have to be to keep searching for treasure on OI for most of your life I would guess. Still I agree how strange to build a house and never sleep in it....

Without listening closely, I assumed that Fred had never bothered to build a house on Oak Island, or if there was already a house there, he never bothered to maintain utilities.

I often wonder if they people that do live there are compensated for putting up with this and the noise involved.

The Curse Of Oak Island...Beats...SmackDown...And They Never Even Had...To Show Up!

Tuesday`s February 19th TV Ratings!
WWE SmackDown Draws Its Largest Audience Of The Year With NXT Stars

SmackDown was #9 for the night in viewership on cable, behind Rachel Maddow Show, Hannity, Tucker Carlson Tonight, Hannity, The Five, The Last Word with Lawrence O'Donnell, The Curse of Oak Island!

Smackdown.jpg

Last edited:
Perhaps we can compare it with the TV ratings of other unearthed valuables and discoveries to help analyze why this would be important.

How did Opening the Vault of Al Capone do? 30 million viewers and . . . a couple empty bottles discovered.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Without listening closely, I assumed that Fred had never bothered to build a house on Oak Island, or if there was already a house there, he never bothered to maintain utilities.
He had a house on an earlier series they went into it when they spoke to Fred. It appeared to be a normal house.

fred-house.jpg

This is his house on google earth

This is a photo of Fred in his house when they visited on earlier season

frednolan2.png

Last edited:
There you have it. Find the Templar Subway Tunnel he took to the mainland every night and we'll get to the bottom of this.

Maybe his body stayed on Oak Island but his mind drifted off every night? :tongue3:

I guess ol' Fred was kind of goofy, much like the folks that hate this show, yet watch week after week .........

I guess ol' Fred was kind of goofy, much like the folks that hate this show, yet watch week after week .........

We watch because it is a scripted reality comedy show. The looks on the faces when someone makes a "profound" statement and the rest of the actors try not to burst out laughing is fun to watch, especially after a few beers.

You'll get there someday.....

Just like we all knew Gilligan and Skipper weren't ever going to get of the island.

I missed last weeks show, have they decided which Roman Emperor built the concrete structure?

I missed last weeks show, have they decided which Roman Emperor built the concrete structure?

There was no show last week - it was "The ghost stories of Oak Island"

I liked this week's episode. Some good analysis and opening graphic of the placement and finds at Smith's cove. The cave-in at H8 throws a kink in things. i'm actually amazed that they were able to keep things stable enough so far to dig 4 or 5 cans worth with the giant oscillator.

I liked this week's episode. Some good analysis and opening graphic of the placement and finds at Smith's cove. The cave-in at H8 throws a kink in things. i'm actually amazed that they were able to keep things stable enough so far to dig 4 or 5 cans worth with the giant oscillator.

personally I don't see the cave in's as a very big deal. I don't think it's going to get to the point of swallowing things up to where safety is threatened. One thing they could do is make a bigger platform.

Ok...as usual nothing found.....next week...laginas brothers: “let have yet another dye test to prove there are natural underground water tunnels here”

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back