OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
An interesting point re the coconut fibres and the current excavation of Smith cove

Believing now that the flooding tunnels were connected to the sea, men scoured the island's shores. At an area known as Smith's Cove, they found a fascinating structure. The company built a temporary dam, called a cofferdam, to uncover a large overlay made of coconut husk, 145 feet wide and the length of space between low tide and high tide. Underneath the coconut husk was a layer of beach stones five feet deep. Beneath the beach stones were five finger-drains constructed of flat stones, converging into a single drain. The coconut husk worked as a barrier against sand to allow water into the drains.
https://people.howstuffworks.com/oak-island2.htm

This has 145 feet wide area and the difference between high and low tide covered with coconut fibres/husk…. So what happened to them all?

The Laginas did not seem to find massive amounts of coconut fibres during the excavation. They sifted through all the mud/spoils and no mention of a huge pile of coconut husks... Does make one question these early reports about the amount of husks that were actually on Smith cove beach....

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
An interesting point re the coconut fibres and the current excavation of Smith cove

https://people.howstuffworks.com/oak-island2.htm

This has 145 feet wide area and the difference between high and low tide covered with coconut fibres/husk…. So what happened to them all?

The Laginas did not seem to find massive amounts of coconut fibres during the excavation. They sifted through all the mud/spoils and no mention of a huge pile of coconut husks... Does make one question these early reports about the amount of husks that were actually on Smith cove beach....

In my own humble opinion (and that's all it is at this point), there are at least two different fibre type materials in question. When the various tests were done, some were identified as 'coconut fibre' while at least one other claimed hemp and one was questionable.
The Island has seen human influence for many centuries and it would have to be assumed that many unrelated events took place over the years.

Cheers, Loki

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds kinda like hate to me!

Cheers, Loki

Again NO HATE against the paid actors reading lines from a script that includes lines for coconut fibers...

Waiting for coconut fibers to be brought up on curse of civil war gold, thus tying all tv treasure shows together with a common narrative...

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
I have NO HATRED (your words) for the laginas or any other tv actors....they are just getting paid to play a part....

Where is your proof that they are getting paid to act?

Now on to coconut fibers:

Are they coconut fibers?

There were many samples tested and the majority, including the ones on the show that were tested, proved to be coconut fibers. There was another test which proved inconclusive due to the degradation of the sample tested, however, those that preformed this test felt that in time, they would prove to be coconut fibers.

Where are all the fibers?

It was documented that the men blasted the flood tunnels with dynamite to prevent the flow of water into the pit. They also removed all the fibers they could find as well, hoping that any sand would clog the water from reaching the pit. With the destruction of the beach from the very beginning, i'm surprised they found any there at all.

Where were the fibers found?

On the beach and in the money pit.

What were the fibers used for?

Was it packing material? A beach filter? An act of nature? Whatever the reason they are there, they are there. If brought by man, which most tests proved that it was, then why? If it was packing material, then what could they have unpacked? Judging by the amount of fibers, it would of been a lot of crates. It is possible that they unpacked these crates on the beach and just simply left the fibers there. It could of also been a filter system.

Bad Puppy

Feb 23, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Um , Boys and Girls , am I gonna have to separate you people ,

argue argue argue ,, Goodness !

LOL:laughing9:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm sure we can all agree that your comment above did not add a single thing to the thread.

Bad Puppy

Feb 23, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure we can all agree that your comment above did not add a single thing to the thread.

and now , enter Charlie with his ,,, ahem ,,, Wisdom of the Ages .

Hi Charlie , good to see your inner child is still in control of that Adult Body you're stuck inside of .

Would it save you a lot of expended Energy you waste on posting behind me , if you grew up ?

Your Choice my Boy .

enjoy yourself Chuck , I understand your Loneliness , I just have no need for your company My Boy .,

cachenut

Jan 31, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So where is the preview of tomorrows new show. Heavy metal is it? all I see is the pic of Dan. God bless him but I want to watch the video too. Have you considered that he is in heaven now and I expect his first question was where is the darn treasure?. lol. He has a really big "I Told You So" for all the skeptics. I wonder what it was and who put it there.

Bad Puppy

Feb 23, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A Slice of Heaven for our precious Child Student Charlie , a sight he may never see , so ,
owing that I'd hate that fate for Him ,

I'll Present Him with a small peek .

Misty Evening Fog Big Sur 008.JPG

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800

I spent some serious time debating this, but, as much as I hate to say it...I totally agree with Charlie...for once!

Bad Puppy

Feb 23, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
~~~~ Le Boot Lament ~~~~

Down at Tractor Supply
Bought my Boots for a Prayer to a Dead Fly

Up at the Market Street
I bought the Salve
for my aching Feet

Damn the Tractor Boots

Up on Westerly Way ,
where the Shoppies from Hell
come out to play ,,

I found my Senses on display
below the Auction Bell
just to watch them fade away

Nothing here worth selling .

Nothing there worth Buying

Ah Ma , why are you Crying ??????

On the Sky
the writers of the Script

have scrolled their lies
by the service of Dragon's Lip

while the Peasants and their Cries
fall deafening on Ears filled with Miracle Whip

and no one repeats their own Dying ,,,

Foggy Mist embroidered with Haze
as L.A.'s Totem

yes , all great Civ.'s Suffer Falling

On Sale ,,
The special Shoe of the Day is ?

Yes , Feet so sore , nothing seems to work no more

Ah Ma ,,, what's the Score I get for Trying ?

Every Man , has his own perception

Every Child has their own reception

Though mine was not
and those who had
left out the have not's
to die in loneliness and Rot
with nothing left worth their Crying

and so the " Investors " Profit
on the Shiny Objects of Desire

while you Purchase your Dreams
with a Plastic Card
as your Soul lays wanting .
at least your life doesn't seem so hard
though that's a Figment of my Taunting ,,,

and if you Die under darker skies then I ,,,

it's alright Ma , don't bother Crying ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I just penned it,
A nice little Song for our Classmates to enjoy :laughing9:

Nap time Class , I'll sing it , play it , on Acoustic Guitar to sooth you to sleep .

Nice of me , eh ?

Bad Puppy

Feb 23, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quote : " I spent some serious time debating this "

LOL , you even bicker with yourself ?

Oh my .
you kiddies need more Help then I can give you .

Maybe call : 1-800-rent-a-mom

for the right price , they can act like they care about you .

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Quote : " I spent some serious time debating this "

LOL , you even bicker with yourself ?

Oh my .
you kiddies need more Help then I can give you .

Maybe call : 1-800-rent-a-mom

for the right price , they can act like they care about you .

Mr. Treasminder Sir, just what is your point with all this babble? Or do you even have one?

Cheers, Loki

Bad Puppy

Feb 23, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mr. Treasminder Sir, just what is your point with all this babble? Or do you even have one?

Cheers, Loki

Points are items I never seem to manage acquiring .

If there's a Point to be had , I'd accept it,
you wouldn't have a Point would you ?

Oh my poor pointless Life .

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Being banned adds to some people's self esteem in that there was enough care to act against them rather than just let them have a tantrum and kick things. :dontknow:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I spent some serious time debating this, but, as much as I hate to say it...I totally agree with Charlie...for once!

That's because, deep down, you, I and everyone here does have a common interest - but just may have differing opinions on what Oak Island holds. You're welcome to come over and discuss it on my back deck anytime. ;-). I'll even supply the beer.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread