What's new

A thread of threads

Status
Not open for further replies.
The latter had one of the most entertaining sessions in TNet history before a
knight errant met a tragic reality check.
Those were the days when you looked forward each morning to a new bout of sparring with a cast
of characters with no lack of abandon.

Though I wasn't around for that thread you make a good point that the contentious threads are often the most entertaining. But that kind of thread will likely not be seen again as the current management has a policy now of putting a stop to them. Look at what happened to the SE Pa thread as a good example.

I understand that the mods have a tough job policing all of the threads and they have to go by the current policy given to them. But it makes for boring reading sometime.

BDD will be back when he is ready. He just has too many targets not to.

V
 
Though I wasn't around for that thread you make a good point that the contentious threads are often the most entertaining. But that kind of thread will likely not be seen again as the current management has a policy now of putting a stop to them. Look at what happened to the SE Pa thread as a good example.

I understand that the mods have a tough job policing all of the threads and they have to go by the current policy given to them. But it makes for boring reading sometime.

BDD will be back when he is ready. He just has too many targets not to.

V

We don't stop or restrict continuous threads, it is the rule violations we clamp down on and stop.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
 
We don't stop or restrict continuous threads, it is the rule violations we clamp down on and stop.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I agree that you "clamp down on and stop" contentious threads, that was my point. But there are many, if not most, readers that enjoy reading them as noted above.
HH
V
 
Well the Lost Cache of Wolfs Run, like Fenn's is a seeded cache hunt, but this one has real clues and even pictures of the cache and the cache site, but you know from the SE Pa thread how helpful pictures of trees are. The latest clue appears to be a binary cipher, but number ciphers are not my thing. I have actually been out there on a scouting mission. The problem is there are 3 miles of Run to cover. I will try again , but to actually locate it. It will probably take a week on location for you have to hike in and the Run is completely composed of u shaped curves which makes it's 3 miles in length into about a 9 mile search. Frank...

STILL LIFE-0003 wolf.webp
 
Well the Lost Cache of Wolfs Run, like Fenn's is a seeded cache hunt, but this one has real clues and even pictures of the cache and the cache site, but you know from the SE Pa thread how helpful pictures of trees are. The latest clue appears to be a binary cipher, but number ciphers are not my thing. I have actually been out there on a scouting mission. The problem is there are 3 miles of Run to cover. I will try again , but to actually locate it. It will probably take a week on location for you have to hike in and the Run is completely composed of u shaped curves which makes it's 3 miles in length into about a 9 mile search. Frank...

View attachment 866357

Frankn
I haven't followed it. Is the land privately owned?
V
 
I believe that the cache is on PA Gameland. It is by the Run between 219 and Treasure Lake, so you basically have 3 miles of Run as the crow flies or 9 miles on foot. The Run is a series of 'horseshoes'. Check the post! Frank...

111-1 profile.webp
 
I believe that the cache is on PA Gameland...... Check the post! Frank...


If it is on public land there is no reason to chase it just to hand it over. :icon_scratch:
 
After careful consideration I'm not touching that one. I'll just stay continuous.
 
When you are hunting on gameland, Do you turn over your deer? Frank...STILL LIFE-0003 wolf.webp
 
When you are hunting on gameland, Do you turn over your deer? Frank..

Not a good analogy. When you buy your hunting license you are afforded the right to harvest and keep game animals. In other words, it is legal.

Though not familiar with local laws, I would think that state statute provides that the state would own anything buried on their property. Which kind of leads to the bigger questions: Do you keep something found on other's property if they are not around and don't know of it? And: Do you report and pay tax on all your finds?

Usually people will try to rationalize the event with an answer that makes them feel OK with it. Not saying my hands are clean and not passing judgement on anyone but it is something I have noticed over the years.
 
I would not be troubled reducing cache to possession.Its creator/owner is documented,it was placed very recently avoiding artifact status and will not require a earth altering disturbance to recover and blend site back to reasonable normalcy.
Not saying be sneaky about it but why invite attention if found, till clear?
A poor comparison but same as some one hiding a fancy bottle of wine for others to locate.
By golly Vor, I do feel o.k.!
 
Last edited:
I would not be troubled reducing cache to possession.Its creator/owner is documented,it was placed very recently avoiding artifact status and will not require a earth altering disturbance to recover and blend site back to reasonable normalcy.
Not saying be sneaky about it but why invite attention if found, till clear?
A poor comparison but same as some one hiding a fancy bottle of wine for others to locate.
By golly Vor, I do feel o.k.!

Well it shows how much I read that "other" board or this particular cache. My comments were more to finding old caches. I feel OK too now.

Edit:
I went to that other site and was not able to get rid of the annoying pop up. When I went to the Gangsters and Hoodlums forum (thought I might see someone I knew in there) I was kicked out for exceeding my 4 thread limit. What kind of site is that with so many restriction? I was there long enough to see Frank's dog pictures again though.
 
Last edited:
Vor--I went there and encountered the four look limit. Once you register your free to look and post all you want. I even got the treasure lit clue for free. Haven't opened it yet. But I got it.
 
Well, I just went to my thread on the Wolf here and it has been pulled. Guess members on here are not supposed to find the cache. I think this sensoring of other forms is out of line. There are many that post on several forums, and this is the only one that blocks mention of another forum. Just my opinion, Frank...STILL LIFE-0003 wolf.webp
 
Well, I just went to my thread on the Wolf here and it has been pulled. Guess members on here are not supposed to find the cache. I think this sensoring of other forms is out of line. There are many that post on several forums, and this is the only one that blocks mention of another forum. Just my opinion, Frank....

Charles was claiming copyright infringement. The only thing I saw that would remotely be linked to that would be the cypher you posted. Guess it is from his "book"? Regardless, if that were the case then maybe only the post should have been deleted. Similar to when BDD busted me for posting the "flaming gas act" photo from his book and had the post deleted.
 
Last edited:
Well, I just went to my thread on the Wolf here and it has been pulled. Guess members on here are not supposed to find the cache. I think this sensoring of other forms is out of line. There are many that post on several forums, and this is the only one that blocks mention of another forum. Just my opinion, Frank....QUOTE]

Charles was claiming copyright infringement. The only thing I saw that would remotely be linked to that would be the cypher you posted. Guess it is from his "book"? Regardless, if that were the case then maybe only the post should have been deleted. Similar to when BDD busted me for posting the "flaming gas act" photo from his book and had the post deleted.

It was not pulled, title shortened for copyright reasons... Titled was removed in posts, Charles wanted us to delete it, I made changes and said it could stay.

It is explained in thread.



Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
 
Last edited:
There you go Frank, TH had your back. Now if I can ever find that thread again I can see the explanation.
 
There you go Frank, TH had your back. Now if I can ever find that thread again I can see the explanation.

Go to top of forum, check "my posts", find the last post you made on thread and click on it. You can also click on Frankn's name go to threads started by Frankn and get there that way too...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
 
...There are many that post on several forums, and this is the only one that blocks mention of another forum...

I've never quite understood this. I'm on several forums of different content and have never heard of such a rule. Seems a bit odd to me.
 
I've never quite understood this. I'm on several forums of different content and have never heard of such a rule. Seems a bit odd to me.

The rule had been here since before I joined 7 years ago....






Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom