a transparent pale green, blue, or yellow mineral consisting of a silicate of beryllium and aluminum, sometimes used as a gemstone

eftspa

Nov 27, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not sure what I found here. I'm wondering if it's not beryl?

20220203_013633.jpg

Upvote 3

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful stones. Can I ask where you found them? Not exact location just general. Somebody smarter about minerals than me will be along to help you, I am sure. Looks like peridot to me but I am not saying it is. Thanks for sharing.

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In your thread title, I presume you are quoting the known composition of beryl rather than the actual composition of your own specimens? They look like water tumbled fragments of glass to me. I can see what look like the residual traces of conchoidal fracturing on some of them.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you have common sea glass.....green bottles that have been broken in the past are tumbled in the surf and worn down and polished by the action of waves and sand. They are quite collectable, and green is very desirable for jewelry creators and artist !! Sprite green is very sought after and prized by the "sea glassers" and "mudlarkers" there is a large community of collectors (myself included) and some of the more perfect pieces are often termed "gem quality" because of there desirability with jewelry makers. I could be wrong, and they might be gemstones of some sort, but I'm pretty confident there sea glass. Congrats on your finds and happy hunting !!
Screenshot_20220203-204032_Google.jpg

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you have common sea glass.....green bottles that have been broken in the past are tumbled in the surf and worn down and polished by the action of waves and sand. They are quite collectable, and green is very desirable for jewelry creators and artist !! Sprite green is very sought after and prized by the "sea glassers" and "mudlarkers" there is a large community of collectors (myself included) and some of the more perfect pieces are often termed "gem quality" because of there desirability with jewelry makers. I could be wrong, and they might be gemstones of some sort, but I'm pretty confident there sea glass. Congrats on your finds and happy hunting !! View attachment 2007735
good job

OP
OP
E

eftspa

Nov 27, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In your thread title, I presume you are quoting the known composition of beryl rather than the actual composition of your own specimens? They look like water tumbled fragments of glass to me. I can see what look like the residual traces of conchoidal fracturing on some of them.
i can agree to that
but.. i find them and only them all alone within fragments of time
always about the same size, always shades of green
i don't know what they are.

OP
OP
E

eftspa

Nov 27, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you have common sea glass.....green bottles that have been broken in the past are tumbled in the surf and worn down and polished by the action of waves and sand. They are quite collectable, and green is very desirable for jewelry creators and artist !! Sprite green is very sought after and prized by the "sea glassers" and "mudlarkers" there is a large community of collectors (myself included) and some of the more perfect pieces are often termed "gem quality" because of there desirability with jewelry makers. I could be wrong, and they might be gemstones of some sort, but I'm pretty confident there sea glass. Congrats on your finds and happy hunting !! View attachment 2007735
I believe this may be it!
thanks for the input

Jose The Goon

Apr 1, 2017
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000D, 6000Di, Eagle, & PI 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If at a 1715 beach, it would be good to watch for emeralds also. But don't think you could be metal detecting at one of them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread