What's new

A very large cent?

Merf

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2007
Messages
3,766
Reaction score
2,276
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro, Quest x10 idmaXx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dug this today and it is the largest cent I have found.
It measures 29 by 30 MM and is as thin as a wheat cent.
Any info on the possible year range is appreciated.
TIA, Merf
 

Attachments

  • DSCN0164.webp
    DSCN0164.webp
    50.6 KB · Views: 306
  • DSCN0165.webp
    DSCN0165.webp
    47 KB · Views: 302
Yep. That's a bigun. :D

I have no idea. We'll all learn from this one. :icon_scratch:

Very nice find Merf.
 
Upvote 0
Nice find Merf. Just a guess but it looks like the back of the 1799 Draped Bust Cent.
 
Upvote 0
I am almost certain that's a Braided Hair that someone has taken a hammer to. I have found IH's hammered out like that before.


Cool find. :hello:
 
Upvote 0
BuckleBoy said:
I am almost certain that's a Braided Hair that someone has taken a hammer to. I have found IH's hammered out like that before.


Cool find. :hello:

That's cool. 8)

Someone finds a hammered coin in the US of A. ::)

Eat your heart out Crusader. :D
 
Upvote 0
I would agree with Rodgerdoger on this one. Looking at the few remaining lines of the bow and wreath positions I would have to say very early 1800's pattern with the 1/100 below wreath.

Joe
 
Upvote 0
RPG said:
BuckleBoy said:
I am almost certain that's a Braided Hair that someone has taken a hammer to. I have found IH's hammered out like that before.


Cool find. :hello:

That's cool. 8)

Someone finds a hammered coin in the US of A. ::)

Eat your heart out Crusader. :D
Now that's funny
 
Upvote 0
I think T of T and Buckles are right .
It was either hammered or set on the railroad tracks.
Thanks to all for the replies. :thumbsup: :hello:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom