What's new

A Wee Bit Of ACW In My Backyard...

Subterranean

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2012
Messages
3,966
Reaction score
8,893
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The "red flag" warning for high fire danger had me sticking close to the firehouse today. I went to an farm/river crossing area that I have been hunting for 5 years and found a few CW items before. Because it is still "winter" here (70 degrees today!) the thickets, brambles, and trees were bare and easier to navigate. I concentrated on a football-field sized area of woods between the old wagon road and the creek. This is the Ozark-Harrison road, used by both sides to pass between Missouri and Arkansas.

I dug a beat up, but recognizable, Union Army general service coat button, no readable markings on the back. The Ozark mountains are brutal on hollow buttons due to the rocky soil. Also found a couple of boot toe protector plates, one marked "Pat. Nov. 29 185?" Also dug a small oil lamp element, with the dial marked, "E. Miller & Co. Meridan, Conn." (Anyone now when this was made?)
I dug a small brass bell (?), brass clock part, brass horse saddle buckle, camp lead, some old headstamps, and some iron. Thanks for looking, happy hunting to all! Sub 8-)
CW1.webpCW2.webpCW3.webpCW4.webpCW5.webpCW6.webpCW7.webpCW8.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 18
Nice finds maybe warm enough nfor me to get out this weekend good job111
 
Wow...not too bad at all Sub. Congrats.

The lamp wheel usually has the patent date on it, further cleaning might reveal more detail.

I hope that you are able to get out there and find some more good stuff!
 
Still a very interesting hunt! Love it when history gets uncovered.
WTG
 
Nice bunch of relics congrats!
 
Looks like a nice day for relics Sub. Nice job.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom