Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
drove down to hunt with my buddy Weston and we hunted a couple old farms, weren't having much luck at all till we came across this old abandoned farm. There was a house trailor behind it so we went up knocked on the door and asked permission to detect around the abandoned house. She said sure, have fun......

First target was super iffy, but took a chance and out popped this 1912 V-nickel in excellent shape, then I got an early wheat, then the 1900 indian was one of those signals that you normally pass up, it hit good from one direction only, so I hit quick mask and watched as the cursor bounced from iron to about penny area. So I dug, and first found a square nail, then ran my coil over the hole and got a nice clear signal then. Indian was down about an inch under where the nail was.

Got a few more early wheats, then here came the lady who gave me permission, said her husband just woke up from a nap and did not want us detecting so we had to leave. I thanked her for the time we did get to detect and left..........sadly....it was the best place we had found all day. Worse thing is when she walked up to me I had a nice, clear, deep silver signal but did not start to dig because she was coming over to me. Oh well....guess you can't get em all! :thumbsup:

DSC00378.jpg

DSC00379.jpg

DSC00380.jpg

Upvote 0

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
Nice finds. The coins look to be in great shape.
Dman

Hill Billy

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Other
Both coins look to be in good shape, congrats on your hunt.

Hill

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice coins.....Matt

soldier35

Jul 11, 2009
Northwest Ohio
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab ExplorerII
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Nice V! The treasure gods are smiling on you my friend.
Great Job.

celtex

Oct 25, 2009
Texas Panhandle
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision, XLT; ACE 250;Bounty Hunter,Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow your soil there is very forgiving! Those are in great shape! Good hunt and thanks for sharing.

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
REMEMBER THAT SITE!

I can't believe the quality of the coins you found: excellent condition! Yeah the IH has some corrosion problems, but the wheaties popped out in really great condition, at least for the obverse (heads) side. Great V nickel, too, with lots of detail on the headband. Don't come across many with that amount of detail. Coins seem to give an excellent bracketing for dates the site was well used at.

I'd go back and talk to sleeping beauty. What's the worse he can say? Please don't hunt while I'm trying to sleep?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions