What's new

ACE 350 vs ACE 250 frequency differences.

Markomyt1

Full Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2013
Messages
147
Reaction score
65
Golden Thread
0
Location
Cheyenne, WY
Detector(s) used
Garret Freedom III
AT PRO Woot!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have heard several comment suggesting that an ACE 250 with a second coil is preferable to the Standard ACE 350.

My question is: Does the difference in frequencies give the 350 any advantage over the 250 for relic hunting?

Both of these options fall into my price range.

Thanks,

-Mark-
 
The difference in frequency does improve the iron discrimination .the Dd coil is larger, and it covers more ground, improves depth and separates targets better than the concentric.

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com
 
I have heard several comment suggesting that an ACE 250 with a second coil is preferable to the Standard ACE 350.

My question is: Does the difference in frequencies give the 350 any advantage over the 250 for relic hunting?

Both of these options fall into my price range.

Thanks,

-Mark-

the 250 has a total of 12 segments,, with 2 segments in Iron.
the 350 has a total of 12 segments,, with 4 segments in Iron.
the freq. of the 250 is 6.5 kHz and the 350 is 8.25 kHz,,still a low freq. unit.

If you can, go with the AT Pro,, it has numbers 0 to 99,,Iron disc of 40 numbers and Iron Audio.
Plus ground balance, auto and manual..
and a faster Recovery Speed than the 250 or 350...
The AT Pro has more to offer to hunters.. Better Audio..
Garrett has video's on their web site.
WWW.garrett.com
look at Videos & more..
Hope this helps..
HH...BJ

 
Stick with the 250 and buy the 8.5"x11'' DD searchcoil and a better shovel,that's what I'm gonna do.
 
Thanks for all of your input.
I went with the AT Pro as the sites I dig have A LOT of trash and I also thought it would be better for prospecting too.
So far, I am very happy with it. Watched all of the videos, but have much to learn.
Keep Digging!
 
Thanks for all of your input.
I went with the AT Pro as the sites I dig have A LOT of trash and I also thought it would be better for prospecting too.
So far, I am very happy with it. Watched all of the videos, but have much to learn.
Keep Digging!

I think you made a wise choice, buy going with the AT Pro...
I love mine and I have several units to pick from..
I grab my AT Pro first,, my other units stay home..
Good Luck and HH..
BJ
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom