What's new

After 2 years, finally broke the ice!

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
Joined
May 19, 2014
Messages
1,309
Reaction score
1,513
Golden Thread
0
Location
Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Deteknix X-Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went to an old park in town that I have hit quite often. Found many silver rings there and a lot of clad. I hit the interior again and found more clad. Was getting discouraged, then I remembered that I found a war nickel along the edge of the grass by the roadway. So I said what the heck and started working the edge of the grass. Then out popped this, a 1934 silver quarter. My very first silver coin! Woo Hoo!

WP_20150921_004.webpWP_20150921_006.webp

You have no idea how hard silver coins are to find here. Finally feel like part of the club.
 
Upvote 50
Yay there is actually a lot of silver in that coin. Congratulations on your hopefully first of many silver treasures!
 
I've been doing this for 2 years as well and have only pulled one Washington, good job for your first. Frame it and hang it!
 
let the silver flood begin !!!good 1 mike..:occasion14:
 
Thanks for the props! I am happier than when I found my first gold ring. Well almost.
 
Congrats on your 1st silver quarter. :occasion14: Took me some time to pull my 1st also. Fringe detecting can pay off at pounded sites.
 
Yep,, lots of hunters overlook the borders of fields, lawns, playgrounds, etc.
Congrats and welcome to the silver coin kingdom.
 
That's a very solid first silver coin find ! Say hey to "The Big Sky Country" for me (my home state !)
 
Many more to follow
 
took me 2 years also.i called it 1st time I broke the ground. congrats.
 
Good job on the first of hopefully many more!
 
Thanks everyone!
 
Congrats on your first silver. May the silver Gods reign upon you & provide many more.
 
congrats and welcome to the quarter club....once u get one...they all start coming...remember research...location location location...and some luck!
 
Way to work the tough spots. :) Glad it paid off!
 
You have no idea how many 1965 coins I have found before finally breaking the silver barrier. But then again I bet you do.
 
Last edited:
Nothing like the feeling of your first silver!!! Couldn't be happier for you- hopefully there are many more in your future!

-- Jeff --
 
Nice silver quarter! Congrats to ya

Steve
 
Finally! A legit silver quarter! Lol

really thou great find man! Its nice seeing something NOT a dime coming out lol
 
Welcome to the club, hope you find many more now that you broke the ice..
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom