What's new

After 600+ coins, it finally happend....

Stormtrooper154

Bronze Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2006
Messages
2,078
Reaction score
15
Golden Thread
0
Location
Portland, OR
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Got my first Silver coin. A ugly 1938-D Merc, but you know what...It's dang pretty to me ;D

2007_0208Image0006.jpg

2007_0208Image0007.jpg


Both nickels are 64's and I also got a very ugly 40ish wheat cent. A few of my lincolns are from the 59-64 range, so I bet there is more silver in that park. Lots of trash, but I am digging deeper and clearer signals with the new DD1400.

3 Hour Hunt =

1 Merc
1 Wheat
4 Quarters
8 Dimes
2 Nickels
22 Pennies

2007_0208Image0001.jpg
 
Upvote 0
Nice coin ST... Looks like someone chewed on it while they dug a bullet out of their leg with dull stick! ;D Did you get a little belly rush when you noticed it was kinda white and different looking? Nothing like hitting silver. I hope this is one of many for you in 2007. HH~CO2
 
looks like lady liberty took a beating with that dime! congrats on your first!
 
WTG! STORMTROOPER!! That is a very nice piece of silver!!! Congrats!
 
There is a saying that holds true till this day - NEVER GIVE UP ON A DREAM !
Next is gold and maybe who knows could be tommorrow ,next week or month but don't give up just enjoy the hobby. ;)
 
One hulk of a day! hehe I still remember my 1st wilver. It was an 1892 B-arber dime!
 
Great Job Stormtrooper, Congrats on you first silver. Dang, got a lot of clad catching up to do, Good job, Art...
 
It's an important milestone. Congrats!

Hopefully the milestone will pass for you like it did for me... it took a long time to get silvered, but once I did, it was like I'd broken the jinx or something- they came fast and furious for a while after that. Of course a big part of that was finding the right site(s) to hunt.

I passed my "roll of Mercs" (50) milestone a while back.
 
Now that is ugly...

but I like the ugly silver too!!
 
That's a dandy! It feels good to hit the first one doesn't it?

WTG,
Ramapirate
 
Hey Brother...Great find~!...It's Ugly - but it's silver none the less~!..
 
Way to go, Troop. I'm sure it will be the first of many.
Bob
 
Congradulations on the merc...That's my favorite coin to find!Just wish i could find them more often...Hell i still get excited over clad when one of those pop up i really go nut's.Know you had a good time diggin it.....hh rh
 
It took me ten months to find my first mercs/silver. In Athens we have a technique of field cleaning with a towel and spit. We gave up the chainsaw and a garden rake field cleaning method a long time ago.
 
Congrats - looking forward to my first silver.
 
Silver Zeus said:
yeah trooper, i remember my first silver....it was a 1945 merc on our local dike using a cheap radio shack detector. i was instantly hooked and two days later ordered a garrett master hunter 7. that was back in 1989. congratulations and may there be many more.

I think that is what Ed detects now....hehehe.
 
doyboy said:
Silver Zeus said:
yeah trooper, i remember my first silver....it was a 1945 merc on our local dike using a cheap radio shack detector. i was instantly hooked and two days later ordered a garrett master hunter 7. that was back in 1989. congratulations and may there be many more.

I think that is what Ed detects now....hehehe.
I NEVER FIND THOSE
 
Congrats on the first silver. You'll always remember that one ugly or not. Looks like someone was gnawing on it.
WTG, Mike in NJ
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom