What's new

🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Aging relics?

ODELLRORRER

Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2023
Messages
34
Reaction score
125
Golden Thread
0
Location
Salem, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've been trying to find information as to the age of these two items and I'm starting to wonder if I'm going about it in the right way. I found both of these in the yard of a house built in 1903. However, there is quite a bit of documented Colonial and Civil War activity through the same area. I found an 1888 Indian Head penny just a few feet from where I found these. The 2011 penny (not a dime, thanks for noticing #creskol) with the bullet is just for size comparison. I would really appreciate some input and advice! Cheers!
 

Attachments

  • 20230508_140612.webp
    20230508_140612.webp
    781.3 KB · Views: 121
  • 20230505_082821.webp
    20230505_082821.webp
    502.3 KB · Views: 87
  • 20230505_082806.webp
    20230505_082806.webp
    532.3 KB · Views: 78
  • 20230504_182131.webp
    20230504_182131.webp
    879.7 KB · Views: 81
  • 20230504_210906.webp
    20230504_210906.webp
    436.7 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
So the key and bullet, right? Look up Eagle lock company and see if their logo or font changed over the years. Should be lock collector sites that can help. I reload and cast my own bullets but don't know much about the oldies. Sure way to get responses on T-net is to post over your head (knowledge), I'll start, that bullet has a canalure and wide grease groove so i'll say hand cast for schuetzen rifle.

​

 
Upvote 0
So the key and bullet, right? Look up Eagle lock company and see if their logo or font changed over the years. Should be lock collector sites that can help. I reload and cast my own bullets but don't know much about the oldies. Sure way to get responses on T-net is to post over your head (knowledge), I'll start, that bullet has a canalure and wide grease groove so i'll say hand cast for schuetzen rifle.

​

Thanks for the input and advice! I hadn't even thought of lock collector sites!
 
Upvote 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom