What's new

Ain’t that some B.S.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2013
Messages
9,947
Reaction score
19,962
Golden Thread
3
Location
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got the courage to door knock a 1910 house that I’ve been drooling over for 6 years.
I get a yes go for it! First plug, a wheatie!
Going low and slow for half an hour, I found some deep clad. That’s ok, I know there’s silver up in here.
Then my manticore sang me the dreaded song,
Dead Battery, you suck, hunt over, na na na na hey hey hey go home.
So I found a wheatie today, nice.
 
Upvote 28
This is what happens when you are not prepared. Now when you go back, they may decide like some do that they no longer give you permission.
That or the other spouse will send you packing next time you show up. Happened to me and my buddy many times.
 
That or the other spouse will send you packing next time you show up. Happened to me and my buddy many times.
Yeah, I guess that’s possible. I’d like to meet her though, she’s probably hot.
 
Sorry man. You need one of these for scenarios like this ...

View attachment 2248401
Chris! Thanks for the link! It’ll be here Sunday, give or take. Also ordered the (Gray Ghost Ultimate Finds Pouch) that we were talking about in DMs. Free shipping so that’s nice.
Another repeat Barts Big Boys Hobbies satisfied customer signing off. Time to go beep with my fully charged machine!
 
I got the courage to door knock a 1910 house that I’ve been drooling over for 6 years.
I get a yes go for it! First plug, a wheatie!
Going low and slow for half an hour, I found some deep clad. That’s ok, I know there’s silver up in here.
Then my manticore sang me the dreaded song,
Dead Battery, you suck, hunt over, na na na na hey hey hey go home.
So I found a wheatie today, nice.
Sorry to hear of your dead battery. As was said, a wheatie is better than nothing. It's funny as my place was built in 1910 as well and all I managed was some memorial pennies and plenty of junk including tons of roofing nails.
Oh well, good hunting on your next day there.
 
Chris! Thanks for the link! It’ll be here Sunday, give or take. Also ordered the (Gray Ghost Ultimate Finds Pouch) that we were talking about in DMs. Free shipping so that’s nice.
Another repeat Barts Big Boys Hobbies satisfied customer signing off. Time to go beep with my fully charged machine!
Nice! Good luck man 8-):headbang:
 
YOu are doing great . Keep it up IF YOU DIG IT- IT WILL COME !!!!
 
Last edited:
I got the courage to door knock a 1910 house that I’ve been drooling over for 6 years.
I get a yes go for it! First plug, a wheatie!
Going low and slow for half an hour, I found some deep clad. That’s ok, I know there’s silver up in here.
Then my manticore sang me the dreaded song,
Dead Battery, you suck, hunt over, na na na na hey hey hey go home.
So I found a wheatie today, nice.
I’d take the Wheaton any day. Charge that puppy up and go back they. There’s all sorts of good stuff.
 
When you go back, they will probably have changed their minds :laughing7:
It's happened to me before...
Yes, it can happen and that's a chance we all take and why I ask upon returning to be sure of the permission and to let them know I'm on their property. You should get it in writing just in case a neighbor or a LEO comes by questioning you or in case the owner lies about the permission.
 
That totally SUCKS, but your fault, but nobody perfect, but sure you'll get another chance. but land owner might want that Wheatie! lol
But I'm a beach hunter on west coast Florida and found 2 Wheaties and 2 Mercs this year which are rarities in my area.
 
That totally SUCKS, but your fault, but nobody perfect, but sure you'll get another chance. but land owner might want that Wheatie! lol
But I'm a beach hunter on west coast Florida and found 2 Wheaties and 2 Mercs this year which are rarities in my area.
Stick with the beaches my friend
I got all of the silver in Ft Myers
IMG_0484.webp

This is just one years worth… I pounded that town for 10 years.
And yeah, hate it when the battery dies… but I got me the solution….
image.webp

Got me the Power X pack, so this BS won’t happen again. I used it today in fact. Love it.
Turns out I now have an open permission, I can go anytime.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom