What's new

All right folks what did I find on Big Piney Creek

Ozark Redneck

Full Member
Joined
Oct 14, 2018
Messages
229
Reaction score
781
Golden Thread
0
Location
Dover Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Granddaughter and I found this rock on Big Piney Creek I think it is native made. Is it a artifact or just a nice looking rock is 3 1/2 inches long 2 1/4 wide Thanks for the help Dessie and Jesse

IMG_1974 (2).webp IMG_1975 (2).webp

IMG_1973 (2).webp IMG_1977 (2).webp
 
Upvote 0
Definitely a worked piece. Honestly it looks like a mini Celt to me. If it is, that’s an amazing find. Others on here will know better than me though.
 
This biface is probably a scraper, a bit small for a chopper.
Basalt?
Great Find! :thumbsup:
 
Hafted Chopper. Looks sorta like a Bowtie axe. Def an NA artifact.
 
Thanks for the ID you have help us see who gets to keep it. If it had of just been a rock Dess would of got it but now it will be grand dad that gets it LOL. We saw it about the same time so I am going to put it in a case for her first Indian Artifact. She may be hooked on a new hobby I Hope so anyway again Dessie and I thank you
 
I have several axes like that out of NWA
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom