(Alligator) Effigy Piece?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indiana_acklac

Feb 29, 2020
Central Ohio
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Anyone else see it? The scale-pattern on the body, the narrow (angled) head, the mouth (bottom)? Is that orange pigment ochre?

Or just another rock?

Rnm5Ruj.jpg

KlGb69j.jpg

iNd96mw.jpg

x7wf0Ch.jpg

6NDob3F.jpg

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry but no, it is a rock with natural erosion.

OP
OP
Indiana_acklac

Indiana_acklac

Feb 29, 2020
Central Ohio
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Keep in mind I played stupid with an Anthro Department at @ Prominent University: I walked out on them when I smelled bs.

They called me back in.

Wouldn't let me leave without giving me an email to send everything too.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im no expert but I agree just a rock its good to ask and learn I am learning alot about rocks also. The one thing Ive learned is Mother Nature has created a rock for every shape known to Man, That is a cool looking one though

OP
OP
Indiana_acklac

Indiana_acklac

Feb 29, 2020
Central Ohio
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Say I get something that was initially dismissed on here, certified. What are the protocols then? Permaban? :laughing7:

OP
OP
Indiana_acklac

Indiana_acklac

Feb 29, 2020
Central Ohio
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Im no expert but I agree just a rock its good to ask and learn I am learning alot about rocks also. The one thing Ive learned is Mother Nature has created a rock for every shape known to Man, That is a cool looking one though

The wear patterns, though.

You can't see them in the pictures. (well sort of you can on the bottom)

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We just give out thoughts and opinions, yep we can be inaccurate but you get alot of combined knowledge from many people who are very knowledgable some who are not but when you post a rock then be prepared for comments.

OP
OP
Indiana_acklac

Indiana_acklac

Feb 29, 2020
Central Ohio
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
We just give out thoughts and opinions, yep we can be inaccurate but you get alot of combined knowledge from many people who are very knowledgable some who are not but when you post a rock then be prepared for comments.

Good discussion is all I'm after :icon_thumleft:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Say I get something that was initially dismissed on here, certified. What are the protocols then? Permaban?

Why are you always combative, that is usually what can get a member banned.

There are some people who will paper any rock if you pay them so being papered doesn't guarantee it is genuine or even authentic. If you have something that was certified post it along with the certification.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Indiana_acklac

Indiana_acklac

Feb 29, 2020
Central Ohio
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Why are you always combative, that is usually what can get a member banned.

There are some people who will paper any rock if you pay them so being papered doesn't guarantee it is genuine or even authentic. If you have something that was certified post it along with the certification.

Combative, no.

Challenging, yes!

Why do I pose challenges? I want to learn!

OP
OP
Indiana_acklac

Indiana_acklac

Feb 29, 2020
Central Ohio
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Also, I think a lot of you are extremely narrow-minded.

I also think the board needs another forum, like a pre-NA forum...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also, I think a lot of you are extremely narrow-minded.

I also think the board needs another forum, like a pre-NA forum...

When you find you can't log in you will know why.

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Highly unlikely to happen, I don't understand what kind of person could even think that way. There are thousands of small museums around the country though that display items mislabeled as artifacts because they have nobody who really knows about what they have. Not all anthro departments have archaeologists either, two fields that can be similar but are different. What university are you referring to? Why did you smell BS? The rock you posted is a natural rock that has not been worked by man in any way. And that is no BS!! There are members here who have as much or more experience with NA artifacts than many people in museums or universities, and some like myself who actually did major in anthro at a big university. Abrasive posts like yours above will curry no favor with anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread