Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Noah_D

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2017
Illinois (prev. NE Ohio)
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Garrett ACE 300, Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you want to try to get one of your artifacts certified go for it, maybe there is something that we can't see over the pictures that can prove that the piece was somehow used or modified by man that we just can't see over the photos. When we let you know we think something is just a rock we are not saying it can't be an artifact we are just saying we can't say it is... and without visible signs of use or modification it is very very very difficult to prove that something is anything more than just a rock.

Some of these people have more than half a century of hunting/collecting under their belt... they usually know what they are talking about, if you really want to learn more it is wise to listen to them... IMO.

flinthunter

Jan 3, 2011
Illinois
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, V3i, DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Respectfully, experience in what, though, NA!?

I've handled NA artifacts for over 60 years. I joined the local geology club in the late 1960's. In the geology club I've been past president for two years and past vice president for two years, so I do have some experience. Sorry, it's just a naturally formed rock. JMO

OP
OP
Indiana_acklac

Indiana_acklac

Feb 29, 2020
Central Ohio
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
If you want to try to get one of your artifacts certified go for it, maybe there is something that we can't see over the pictures that can prove that the piece was somehow used or modified by man that we just can't see over the photos. When we let you know we think something is just a rock we are not saying it can't be an artifact we are just saying we can't say it is... and without visible signs of use or modification it is very very very difficult to prove that something is anything more than just a rock.

Some of these people have more than half a century of hunting/collecting under their belt... they usually know what they are talking about, if you really want to learn more it is wise to listen to them... IMO.

I get that.

A half-century of collecting, what, exactly? It seems we have a whole bunch of guys collecting an extremely wide-range of "NA" artifacts on this forum?

OP
OP
Indiana_acklac

Indiana_acklac

Feb 29, 2020
Central Ohio
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I've handled NA artifacts for over 60 years. I joined the local geology club in the late 1960's. In the geology club I've been past president for two years and past vice president for two years, so I do have some experience. Sorry, it's just a naturally formed rock. JMO

Great! How did it naturally form, then?

(These are the questions that have gained me respect, btw)

JKicker

Jul 10, 2017
Tullahoma, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Minelab X Terra 705
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Vindicated? No.

I feel that I have a point...

Your have no point. You've made your arguments on why this is an artifact, question people's knowledge and experience when they disagree with you, try to draw circles inside a chronological timeLINE so that you can prove you are smarter than everyone else. You've gone as far as stating what you ALMOST went to school to be in an effort to prove you're smarter and know more than other people on here. At the end of all of this, its a rock and you're just trolling for attention.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get that.

A half-century of collecting, what, exactly? It seems we have a whole bunch of guys collecting an extremely wide-range of "NA" artifacts on this forum?
That is because this is Native American Artifact forum.

OP
OP
Indiana_acklac

Indiana_acklac

Feb 29, 2020
Central Ohio
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Your have no point. You've made your arguments on why this is an artifact, question people's knowledge and experience when they disagree with you, try to draw circles inside a chronological timeLINE so that you can prove you are smarter than everyone else. You've gone as far as stating what you ALMOST went to school to be in an effort to prove you're smarter and know more than other people on here. At the end of all of this, its a rock and you're just trolling for attention.

Remember me.

I'll be back.

JKicker

Jul 10, 2017
Tullahoma, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Minelab X Terra 705
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get that.

So now you're argument for your rock is that because a bunch of NA artifact collectors on a NA artifact collecting forum can't explain how your rock is formed naturally, then it can't be natural, has to be an artifact. wow

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions