Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi all. Chris and I got out for another one of our marathon days lol. Not a lot of good finds but I am happy with what I managed. Last week, I got an LC, a silver Washington, a V Nick and some wheats. Today I got another LC, 2 silver Washingtons ( they were actually a spill ), a buff and some wheats. Also got a complete lock, a pocket watch frame and a marble. The buff is a 1916. The Washintons are a 44P and a 61D. Chris and I thought we could see 1835 on the LC but can't make it out now. Chris had a very slow day until our very last permission. He pulled out some nice keepers there. Will let him tell his tale. Thanks for looking!
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1445562982.121319.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1445563021.838611.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1445563058.669330.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1445563097.041457.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1445563129.832684.jpg

Upvote 23

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good hunt OD, all good finds and I like the old lock.

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey there Dave! I was texting with Chris earlier and he said you were today's champ. He wasn't joking with the beauty LC and quarters. I particularly like the lock. It's not too old but I haven't see that design on here before.

Great hunt bud
Steve

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was a fun day dave, you killed it today

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats OD :occasion14: I'd rather pull quality than quantity like you did today. Those are some nice finds. Heck I feel lucky if I pull one keeper let alone four like yours.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Very well done OD. Glad that you were able to harvest a few keepers.

I like finding marbles too!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice results! Liking the lock design has it got a name on it? The brass ring around the marble, aren't they from a curtain that hung from a round pole in doorways?

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

qaela4

Bronze Member
Jul 24, 2014
Keene, New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Silver,Tesoro Silver Sabre uMax.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great day, those silver Washington's are scarce up here, I've only found one in two years(but I have found plenty of OD nickels:laughing7:). Cool lock, I have yet to find a good one of those also.

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OD, that is a great hunt with some super finds, congrats. Sub 8-)

PaDirtDigger

Feb 2, 2015
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
White's XLT (2), Garrett Ace 250, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reading this reply on break at work makes me want to take a half day and find a place to hunt! Great digs!!

OP
OP
Old Dude

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good hunt OD, all good finds and I like the old lock.

I like that lock.
Looks real old. :thumbsup:

Hey there Dave! I was texting with Chris earlier and he said you were today's champ. He wasn't joking with the beauty LC and quarters. I particularly like the lock. It's not too old but I haven't see that design on here before.

Great hunt bud
Steve

Nice results! Liking the lock design has it got a name on it? The brass ring around the marble, aren't they from a curtain that hung from a round pole in doorways?

Thanks guys! I was very happy with the old lock too. I agree Steve, it is early to mid 1900's. Not the age we all like to find, but I like the design of it anyway. I can find absolutely no marks or writing. Odd. I took some pics in natural lighting. I didn't get home until after dark last night and had to settle for those poorly lit original pics. Both sides of the lock are the same except for the attaching pin holes.
PJ, I don't know about the ring? I took a pic of the back so you can see it. I included the LC inside it for size reference. I just immediately thought pocket watch when I saw it. Can you give me a pic of the curtain rings? I'd like to see what you mean please.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1445610299.367379.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1445610345.788780.jpg

OP
OP
Old Dude

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It was a fun day dave, you killed it today
Thanks Chris. It was a lot of fun. We have to do it again as soon as we can.

Congrats OD :occasion14: I'd rather pull quality than quantity like you did today. Those are some nice finds. Heck I feel lucky if I pull one keeper let alone four like yours.
Thank you, LD. The F75 is starting to make some sense now lol. It isn't the pull it out of the box and start finding detector like the AT Pro is. There's a little bit more to learn with the Fisher, but with time, I believe it will give me some quality finds. The biggest thing I have learned with it so far is you HAVE to adjust the sensitivity according to the site. I watched a video on YouTube that was great concerning sensitivity on the F75 and I found a few things on this hunt at 8 inches or so with it adjusted down to 70%. It is definitely a deep detector.
Very well done OD. Glad that you were able to harvest a few keepers.

I like finding marbles too!
Tom, that marble was found by accident lol. I got a nice signal at the end of a paver. I dug the plug and there it was, shining in the middle of the hole!
Nice finds :icon_thumleft:
Thank you!
Great day, those silver Washington's are scarce up here, I've only found one in two years(but I have found plenty of OD nickels:laughing7:). Cool lock, I have yet to find a good one of those also.
Qaela, I have been fortunate to find a few Washingtons and one Barber quarter so far. The darned silver nicks are scared of me though!
OD, that is a great hunt with some super finds, congrats. Sub 8-)
Thank you Sub. The best part of the day was laughter shared and talking with the old fellow that owned the farm where the LC was found. We discussed our time spent in Korea and how the different generations acted and felt toward American troops there. He could not remember the name of the base in Oklahoma his son is at, but probably the same I was stationed at.

Reading this reply on break at work makes me want to take a half day and find a place to hunt! Great digs!!

PDD, the first year I started detecting, I believe most of my time at work was spent daydreaming and wishing about sites lol!

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good digs OD! Silver quarters are always welcome. Pad that silver count, one day the price of silver will go up again. And large cents are always a thrill to see in the hole!

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Day Dave, nice to see you and the f75 are starting to get along. .

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
NICE FINDS AND LIKE THE SWIRLED MARBLE ...

Inspector

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
Finger Lakes Region, Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Nox 600, w/6", Simplex+WHP, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Toltec, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think that lock is very cool looking, Congrats on the coin saves. I have yet to free a Buffalo

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look like excellent saves to me! No buttons huh?

I wonder, are you skipping any signals? Like low vdi's?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread