What's new

Almost missed this one

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2006
Messages
1,930
Reaction score
811
Golden Thread
0
Location
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this today after opening some brinks dime rolls. Missed it while doing a quick edge search thru the plastic rolls. My oldest found CRHing dime to date and my 1st Barber dime out of a roll. Thanks for looking. HH-MM2
 

Attachments

  • DSCN3544.webp
    DSCN3544.webp
    27.9 KB · Views: 379
  • DSCN3545.webp
    DSCN3545.webp
    28.5 KB · Views: 379
Upvote 0
Nice finds. They are very rare in the wild. That will teach
you to slow down on your searches.
Great score!
rileyboy
 
That's a fine looking dime! Congrats MM2.

I know the bent and dateless Barber I found yesterday looked dirty around the edges were thinner than normal.

Need to be careful when searching the edges.

Cheers!
 
mountainman 2 said:
Found this today after opening some brinks dime rolls. Missed it while doing a quick edge search thru the plastic rolls. My oldest found CRHing dime to date and my 1st Barber dime out of a roll. Thanks for looking. HH-MM2

Very cool find. COngrats. I wish my brother in NJ would search, as there are good things to be found back east.

Congrats again!
 
Nice find!
That's one that is still on my wish list to find in dimes. :icon_thumright:
HH
Gilbert
 
Silverminer said:
That's a fine looking dime! Congrats MM2.

I know the bent and dateless Barber I found yesterday looked dirty around the edges were thinner than normal.

Need to be careful when searching the edges.

Cheers!
True, and it's happened to me before with dirty mercury dimes. Missed it on the edge search. Happened today with a 1941, the edge was dirty and i didn't see it until i emptied the roll out. Found a 1947 today also.
 
jrf30 said:
mountainman 2 said:
Found this today after opening some brinks dime rolls. Missed it while doing a quick edge search thru the plastic rolls. My oldest found CRHing dime to date and my 1st Barber dime out of a roll. Thanks for looking. HH-MM2

Very cool find. COngrats. I wish my brother in NJ would search, as there are good things to be found back east.

Congrats again!
Thanks, there seems to be a few older coins showing up here recently. My dad just found a 1907 nickel in the 1st roll he opened while visiting. Does your brother read this forum?
 
That sure is purty. I have been lucky to dig several, but I haven't found one CRHing yet. Maybe someone is your area dumped an old jar full of coins. Hope this is just the tip of the iceberg for you.
 
good thing you didn't miss it, that'd be a shame. I guess if you missed it you wouldn't even know it though
 
Congrats, Barbers are hard to come by; I have six under my belt from machine rolls, and my oldest dime this year is a 1900 Canadian from a hand roll. ffd
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom