C

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
white's BeachHunter 300/DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still no email or phone call back but I did find a couple of them on WorthPoint just don't have a subscription will keep you posted

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
and it has a very low number,pretty cool.i wonder if mr tucker was number 1
brad
Good point about the low issue number. It'd be nice to put a name to it.

Cheech- do you know the address of the house you purchased this from, or can you point it out on google maps?
If you find out who owned the house, you can cross check those names through the obituaries, etc. and that may give you a lead as to who originally owned the badge.
I'm fairly good at local research, I'd be glad to help out in any way I can, feel free to pm me. I think putting a name to it would only enhance the value, a backstory always helps.

OP
OP
C

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good point about the low issue number. It'd be nice to put a name to it.

Cheech- do you know the address of the house you purchased this from, or can you point it out on google maps?
If you find out who owned the house, you can cross check those names through the obituaries, etc. and that may give you a lead as to who originally owned the badge.
I'm fairly good at local research, I'd be glad to help out in any way I can, feel free to pm me. I think putting a name to it would only enhance the value, a backstory always helps.

I found this out so far https://issuu.com/sunsetpawn/docs/tuckerauto a page on the Internet but the badge numbers all start with H there is a annual report for sale on eBay I emailed the guy to see if anybody badge numbers may be in there and I sent an email to hear http://www.tuckercorporation.com/in hopes I'll get one in return.
Thanks for the offer I will try to PM when I get out of work with her name but as far as I could not find anything that linked her working there she was a newspaper/magazine editor

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this out so far https://issuu.com/sunsetpawn/docs/tuckerauto a page on the Internet but the badge numbers all start with H there is a annual report for sale on eBay I emailed the guy to see if anybody badge numbers may be in there and I sent an email to hear Tucker Corporation hopes I'll get one in return.
Thanks for the offer I will try to PM when I get out of work with her name but as far as I could not find anything that linked her working there she was a newspaper/magazine editor
Maybe she had a husband, brother or even father that worked there? Or she could have had a different (maiden) last name back then. Just throwing out ideas.

OP
OP
C

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well so far no luck with emails or phone calls back even on that old fire department badge I never got an email back on that I am striking out.digg do you get my pm

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How far is the home from the Tucker factory? If it is close most likely the home owner worked there. If it is far the home owner probably just picked it up somewhere.

OP
OP
C

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The location of the former Tucker Corporation at 7401 S Cicero Ave, Chicago, IL 60629-5818 and it was found in Florida

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well so far no luck with emails or phone calls back even on that old fire department badge I never got an email back on that I am striking out.digg do you get my pm
Yes I did. I haven't found out much yet, other than some old addresses and a few names of possible relatives which you have probably already seen yourself.

OP
OP
C

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the help I'm going to try to call them again today to see if I can't get any response

luke_00

Jun 15, 2015
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Garrett Ace 250
Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's awesome. Great find. Truly a piece of history.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the help I'm going to try to call them again today to see if I can't get any response
PM sent. They probably want you to spend $35 to become a member, lol. I wonder if their website would have any pertinent information in the archives?

biggmike

May 27, 2010
Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CZ7A Pro / CZ21 / F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Super rare. Nice pick-up. I'd say $750-$1000 is a good starting point for yours. I like it more than either of the one's on Worthpoint

Screenshot (156).png Screenshot (157).png

Baltimore

Feb 18, 2013
Maryland/Vermont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's pretty amazing, I'll bet there weren't many black ones around when they were made, let alone now. To the right collector that could be priceless.

OP
OP
C

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cheech, did you read what it said about the black badges like yours on biggmikes photo? :icon_thumright:

Now that you pointed that out I just read it well I guess we're never going to know who exactly owned it [emoji20]but at least we know it's a higher up in the rankings
Decisions decisions to keep or sell leaning towards keeping because of the odds of me ever come across another one is probably slim to none

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread