Am I seeing this right

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
white's BeachHunter 300/DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been doing some research on this factory worker employee badge the only one I could find says it's sold for $715 can anybody give me some more information on this badge I really appreciate it. If I got this right I believe Tucker was a car manufacture around wwII
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1471313803.563471.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1471313835.569843.jpg

OP
OP
C

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
there was only 51 of them made wouldn't mind driving that car around myself

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of the more interesting features was that the center headlight turned with the steering.

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Easy a $700 or more item. Holy grail of car mfg employee tags! Wow!

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

randazzo1

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
New York, NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites (CM 5000, XLT, VX3) and Minelab (Svgn GT & Excal III & Equinox)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Baltimore

Feb 18, 2013
Maryland/Vermont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn't part with it for under a grand, it's the perfect combo of super rare and very desirable to collectors. Nice find! Where'd you pick it up?

OP
OP
C

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe going to be a keeper I Am wondering how many still exist I'll see if I can put it on a car form

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
That's an incredible piece! Edit: Oops, didn't see the forum name.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn't part with it for under a grand, it's the perfect combo of super rare and very desirable to collectors. Nice find! Where'd you pick it up?

I Kinda pick them up at in the state sale I had somebody that was cleaning out an estate and had the opportunity to purchase a bunch of costume jewelry so I did and I found this among the costume jewelry

Does anyone have a link to a good car form that I can post this to can't seem to find one thank you

Last edited:

NJ Marty

Jun 7, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS Minelab E-trac
Yes, please tell use what you mean by oops? Where did you go? Oh I know you must be busy congratulating someone on finding their first wheat penny.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone have a link to a good car form that I can post this to can't seem to find one thank you
I'd say go here but they want $35 for a year membership. The Tucker Automobile Club of America
I did find an example that looks like yours as opposed to the blue enameled one that sold for $715 plus buyer's premium in 2010. CadillacNews.com I wouldn't take less than a grand either as someone else already mentioned. They had 725 employees or so in 1947. Don't know if all were issued badges though.

69604.jpg

OP
OP
C

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes I seen those two and those are the only ones I've seen online that were pictured that's why I was curious how many they might be I think I have a car museum by me I'll take it there this weekend if I get a chance to and if I do I will give y'all an update thank you for all the information but I'll never come across another one so I think I'm going to keep this one

OP
OP
C

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Called the AACA Museum today waiting to see if I get a phone call back and hopefully get some more information on this badge like the person who hey have owned it would be nice to put hey face or a story behind it will keep you updated

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Called the AACA Museum today waiting to see if I get a phone call back and hopefully get some more information on this badge like the person who hey have owned it would be nice to put hey face or a story behind it will keep you updated

I was just thinking that. Put a face and what they did to that pin and the sale price might go even higher.

Bronze Member
May 26, 2011
tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
xlt mxt gmz and now a gmt whites
and it has a very low number,pretty cool.i wonder if mr tucker was number 1
brad

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread