Amazing Day... Just gained Access to Old Butterfield Stagecoach Station....Good Finds

krednosreg45

Oct 31, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
White's MXT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just recently I gained access to one of the Butterfield Stage Coach Stops that's lies on private property in Arizona... These stage coach stops are civil war era and have a lot of history and stories that come with them.... I had some great finds and there may be more to come...

So far I've found an old key, what I believe to be a button tool, a hold horse tie up ring, and lots of old nails...

IMG_20171212_171509_1.jpg
IMG_20171212_165006.jpg

Upvote 23
yup thats a button/corset hook

006686C2-59FD-4777-A68C-1C172C370662.gif

Awesome job on your research and permission. Thanx for sharing.

thanx for sharing. I see you're using the MXT pro. Are you purposefully not passing the iron ?

And I see only a few conductors in your pix: Do you think someone(s) else already cherry picked that site ? We've done good at a few butterfield stops @ the CA leg on their route :)

Ya' got some old iron. Now get some old coinage. Must be some change around there somewhere?:icon_thumright:

Thanks everyone... Yeah hope to find more than just iron there... though these are some really cool finds! The issue is that there are a ton of iron flakes everywhere from what looks like larger items that broke apart... Get alot of crazy signals on the ole detector.

That’s a wonderful site to be on with so much history! Nice finds and should be more there! Good luck on your return!

Really nice finds! That large casing may have a date on the bottom and the gray nail looks like a date nail. What does it look like on top?

Thanks everyone... Yeah hope to find more than just iron there... though these are some really cool finds! The issue is that there are a ton of iron flakes everywhere from what looks like larger items that broke apart... Get alot of crazy signals on the ole detector.

Thats correct. That stuff comes from old tin cans and even iron scrap metal that was probably dumped there or even came off the historic building(s).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back