OP
D
Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for your thoughts on the devil and demons, shorstack. i can say i do find them in the field, and they seem to be in more important areas then just the average trail signs, like mine or cache areas. i have seen them enough, in my area that i can spot the carving in stone used to cast the demon shadow with out seeing the shadow there. i never hear anyone mention them except you when you have pointed them out in photos.most i have seen are in shadow form. iam not sure who carved them. but i would think, what short time i have spent in the field,that surely if there where Spanish in the area where iam at working every day,that they surely would have spotted them and destroy them . unless they used them to scare people away,or to represent the evil of greed that riches can bring? i take it as a good sign when i spot the devil,those sites seem to be so much more important than others. but yet i think i have only heard you and lovnit mention it. maybe its something that shouldn't be talked about in treasure hunting,such as one of the secrets. thanks for the input ss. View attachment 676339 View attachment 676340 p.s. shortstack,i used your ideal on rotating photos to spot things,worked on the second photo,wouldnt have spotted it without the tip.thanks:occasion14:

Last edited:
OP
OP
D
Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for the mark up of the other photo shortstack. i belive the one sign you marked,is the sign for mine in the area,its the four sheared blocks in a square.thanks View attachment 676344

Last edited:

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I appreciate you good comments, dog, but I can't claim the idea for rotating photos. I learned that from Old Dog and he is also one of the first to mention the devil shadow figures........he, Rockhopper2, and TertiaryJim. A couple of years ago, Rocky had a photo of a carved devil head and a Priest figure along side of each other at the opening of a small cave like place in a small rock group. And, a few feet away was a dolman. Now, think about THAT situation. LOL

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Hello Dog, it looks to me like your head is looking into the hillside when the true direction is really the " V " looking the reverse to the direction of the cache site, there Will Not be a distance indicator only a direction which is the horzional V, this may be the one of the two symbols used in a windrose, I would pay attention to the carvings all over that boulder, seek information from SS hes is good at seeing everything carved, may be X K or 24 and 11, 2nd book ( of Old Test ) 4th chapter 11 th verse KJ version

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As always Dogs pictures are of good quality. I dont see everything posted, but would say more investigation is needed. Dog, have you looked at natural fault lines, or did a Geological history of the place? Knowing where mineral or gems have been found can help identify what was found before, and how it lays in the ground. Also, if correct some of this stone work is over a 1000 years old. I would suggest looking for old hard packed trails and seeing where they go. By chance, are we looking at the East Face?

OP
OP
D
Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks casca, yes it is east.. thanks for the info on checking whats in the area mineral wise.and the ideal of some carvings are much older. thanks charliejr. good to see you back. hope you post some of your ideals on the signs,i liked reading the stuff.

charliejr

Jan 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks dog, I just been getting kicked around by the admins a little bit. Think I'm going to put a pdf together or somethin. Somethin for people to ponder and use. I am no expert, nor do I wanna be. I just read, write, and go out to local places when I am able. Keep up the good work and I hope you find somethin.

OP
OP
D
Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
iam looking guys, for a photo of a destroyed Egyptian pharrow monument. ill let you make your own call on it.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That could very well be, dog. That looks like a temple lion I've circled on the right. That circle on the left is around what appears to be a large turtle figure and the small circle, down lower, is around a rock with a "7" on it or it is carved into that shape...........or a question mark. :) The turtle and "7" rock would fit with the idea that the Spanish were following and moving caches of the Ancients and leaving their own symbols. They would have vandalized the sphinx figure and most likely leave the lion figure alone; then make a turtle figure. Remember the adage......."turtles lead to treasure". :)

Attachments

• 12282011 094-dogtthr.jpg
    12282011 094-dogtthr.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 459
Last edited:

Ecominer

Banned
Mar 20, 2003
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gemini III; Garrett Master Hunter;2009 Minelab Explorer SE Pro; Quantro Discovery Land Tone Magetometer 1A;
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dog, Peralta has a lot of meaningful things to say, but in his case you need to be in his area to actually see what he means. You have some great pictures, and obviously developing a keen eye for pointer rocks. As I always tell people"pointer rocks always point to a location or away from a location". Pointing heads do the same things. They can point to a royal Treasure or away from it. I haven't learned the difference yet, it seems like, because it depends on the location. When you find a pointer, just take your time, relax, and start looking around for additional pointers that it can be pointing to. For example, you have the head with the rock in front of its nose. Since I can't see more than you showed me, the rock in front of the nose looks like it is pointing to the top of the hill where the pointer is pointing to the right or behind the head. Sometimes the head is looking at a pointer rock two feet in front of it, ten feet, a quarter mile, or who knows.

The primary thing you need to remember is the treasure is rarely under its nose. You need to step back and start taking pictures of what you see and don't see. Since digital cameras came out you can take hundreds and then look at them on your computer. I find more on the computer than the first initial visit because you have time to analyze pictures. One pointer rock will lead to another. The closer you get the small they get. Sometimes in a real difficult area they will stay large. When you are within 100-200 they will probably disappear all together.

Keep looking, but don't be in a rush!!

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't see it, but that doesn't mean anything. :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

Attachments

• IMAG0125.jpg
    IMAG0125.jpg
    421.9 KB · Views: 317

usernotfound

Sep 7, 2011
Detector(s) used
T-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
closer look.

Attachments

• IMAG0124.jpg
    IMAG0124.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 336

usernotfound

Sep 7, 2011
Detector(s) used
T-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• face.jpg
    face.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 337
Last edited:

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
usernotfound:

Yep, that last photo does have an interesting face. It's nose is thicker that those of the Easter Island group, and it his hair is in a top knot shape.

That previous photo, with the different angle of view, does help spot what you were referring to as a sphinx. Which face were you looking at as the sphinx one......the long face on the left (yellow circle) or the right circle with the thick-lipped face? I've outlined an area in white (upper left) that looks like a dog or lion head. Is that a sun sign that I've circled in red, or natural suncrack?

Attachments

• IMAG0124-usernotfound.jpg
    IMAG0124-usernotfound.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 337

usernotfound

Sep 7, 2011
Detector(s) used
T-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The white. Sun crack...

Did you say dog?

Attachments

• royal.jpg
    royal.jpg
    263 KB · Views: 346

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL...bow wow. They sure took time on this puppy. Even chiseled out an eye socket.

Say......if you look at that rock in the background,,,,,just at the edge of the back of the dog's head, doesn't that light area look like a tiger face. That's probably a natural surface.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread