Anderson OU arrived!! Cant wait

Buzzlitebeer

Dec 29, 2012
NE FL
Detector(s) used
F4/Excal 2/NOX 800
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Well after much pain in my right hand I decided to go to the Anderson. I cant wait until tmrw. I had been hip mounting but I think I will give the OU a chance tmrw.

Wootz.:hello2:

IMG_1277.JPG

Good luck with that set up. I still use the neck mount for the Excal, but lately been using the Tiger Shark more because of the Clean Sweep Coil.

Alright fill me in. What's an OU?

Got it. Over and under.

Well....how do you like it? I'm thinking about getting one for myself.

He doesn't like it much. I've hunted with him and since gone to hip mount. He pointed me towards this carbon fiber rod from plugger on eBay. Can be ran hip mounted or rear mounted. It's an awesome setup and super lightweight.

Attachments

• image-3984864413.jpg
    image-3984864413.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 89
I wonder if he would have felt different about the Anderson, carbon fiber, over and under rod which is the one that I planned to go with? I'll check out Plugger's offering too tho.

Last edited:
I guess I'll let him fill in all the details, but he did say the weight was too heavy with pod mounted in O/U configuration.

Check out pluggers harness mount too. Probably going to be my preferred hunting setup.

Check out pluggers harness mount too. Probably going to be my preferred hunting setup.

Actually, I'd like to keep the machine off of my body. I've always hunted with a chest-mounted Sovereign and even though it's easier on the arm, it can be a pain to deal with like when digging or even just putting it on and taking it off. For the price though, it might be worth a try just to see how I like it.

Most look at you pretty crazy with all the garb on, with a scoop in tow! The booties are really a chick magnet :)

Sorry been out of the game <death in fam> but ask Fletch with my Camelbak tac vest and swinging a lime green rod....well lets say my wife has nothing to worry about.

Sorry been out of the game <death in fam> but ask Fletch with my Camelbak tac vest and swinging a lime green rod....well lets say my wife has nothing to worry about.

Sorry for your loss Buzz! I'm set up with Plugger now lets hit it soon! I don't think either wife has to worry after we've hunted 5-6 hours! Lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back