Explorer SE Pro

cruffler

Tenderfoot
May 7, 2011
Midwest
I'm kinda new so I hope I did alright. Anyway, responded to an ad for a Minelab
Detector. Not sure what it is (and still don't), like I said kinda new to detecting.
The ad said comes with Killer B's headphones and an extra battery. Did not have
a box (only the stuff in the picture).

Just wondering if the price that I paid ($280.00) for all of it is okay in your
opinions. The one battery pac takes batteries and the other is chargeable
but doesn't have the power adapter.

It powered up and seemed to work okay. Headphones seemed to work.

I have a couple days to take it back, so what do you think?

Attachments

• photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 129

Longhair

May 26, 2012
Backside Of Nowhere In Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,
Fisher 1280X,
MineLab Xterra 705,
MineLab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you had paid double what you did, it still would have been a great deal.

Edited to add: I sure hope that it's not hot. It really is an unbeliveable deal if it's on the level.

Last edited:

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes that is a great deal. You got an $1100 and nice headphones for $280. Sounds a little suspicious. It looks like its in great shape.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
don't take it back. even if you decide it is not for you,
you can double your money

Rocky77

Feb 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll buy it off you for $560 if you don't want it. Double your money.

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you had paid double what you did, it still would have been a great deal.

Edited to add: I sure hope that it's not hot. It really is an unbeliveable deal if it's on the level.

For that price I dnt care it is was hot or not I wuldnt have thought twice about it.

Digger2

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2013
Vacherie Louisiana
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS,Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500 ,
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Detectorpro Uniprobe

Vibra-tector 730
Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's what I call LUCK! With that kind of luck you just might take the SE out and find a 21 carat gold ring with a 2 carat diamond on it!

Roy

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For that price I dnt care it is was hot or not I wuldnt have thought twice about it.
You would knowingly buy a stolen detector?? Not having the charger is a real red flag to me. Mine is rarely "with" the detector at any given time but plugged into the wall of my work shop. I think I'd be tempted to check the serial numbers against the "hot sheet" before buying it. If you are found to be in possession of stolen property (knowingly or not) it could be confiscated and you'll be out both the money and detector.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You would knowingly buy a stolen detector?? Not having the charger is a real red flag to me. Mine is rarely "with" the detector at any given time but plugged into the wall of my work shop. I think I'd be tempted to check the serial numbers against the "hot sheet" before buying it. If you are found to be in possession of stolen property (knowingly or not) it could be confiscated and you'll be out both the money and detector.

Chargers go bad & get disposed of.

People who own Detectors die, Relatives Find these detectors,
But have little to no knowledge of what they have,
or what extras should be there & where they are.
chargers sometimes get left, beside receptacles , while detectors get stored elsewhere. (at least that is how it works here) the difference, My nephew should know to look for the charger, If I croak.

Not my place to educate someone selling something at a deal,
that they are selling it to me too cheaply. unless of course I can't afford it & want to
make sure the next guy doesn't get the deal either :(

I can't speak for dholland02 , however , "knowingly buy a stolen detector" ?
did the seller say "I have this stolen Detector for sale" ? if they did, No I wouldn't,
my answer would be "lol no that's ok :BangHead: " as I walk away minding my own business.

However I am not a Cop,Or play one on TV, Or being paid to judge people ,
so if someone says to me "I have this Detector for sale", My question will be How Much ? :tongue3:
(I don't got no Stinkin' Badges ! )

& before someone asks :tongue3: (ya know they will :laughing9: )
No.... if mine were stolen, I would not expect
potential Buyers to be Psychic, Or stick their nose in other peoples business,
before buying :dontknow:
they can if they want 8-) but I'm not their keeper, so I wouldn't expect it :tongue3:

Last edited:

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agreed I only bought my Atpro for a normal price, my deus & v3i I got cuz they both were an incredible deal I just couldn't pass up. Deals r out there & will pop up unexpected

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

For a price like that I wouldn't think twice.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
folks just sell em, sounds like you did good. i like to know who I do buisness with, but sounds like you did good. Have you found anything yet? Did you get a manual off the net yet?

OP
OP
C

cruffler

Tenderfoot
May 7, 2011
Midwest
Hi all,

I'm not concerned about it being a stolen item. Just for full disclosure it was purchased from a pawn shop.
Can't speak for any other area of the country but where I'm at they have to submit a list of serial numbers
that come into their business to the local Police Department, and run them through the computer.

I did ask the person helping me about who brought it in. He told me it was a transfer from another (same
name pawn shop) to this particular store. Guess it must have stayed on the display shelf with no takers
for some time, so I just got lucky that no one saw it and they didn't "advertise" it. I have not missed a
wink of sleep with this purchase wondering if it's legit.

On another note....I have only had it in the back yard for a quick test to see if it works, and that's only
been a total of 1/2 hour. Did find a 1965 penny and a 1967 dime. Want to try it out in an open area,
because of the air conditioner and power lines in the back yard.

Hope to do that in the next couple of weeks since I'll be on vacation.

Thanks for the comments and concerns!

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My comment was directed towards dholland02's statement that he didn't care if it was hot or not. I would care, and I would hope other law abiding citizens would too. Now that the OP said he got it from a legitimate pawn shop, I wouldn't give it another thought either, but private parties, E-bay, and Craig's list are rife with stolen goods these days.

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My comment was directed towards dholland02's statement that he didn't care if it was hot or not. I would care, and I would hope other law abiding citizens would too. Now that the OP said he got it from a legitimate pawn shop, I wouldn't give it another thought either, but private parties, E-bay, and Craig's list are rife with stolen goods these days.

Good deal is a good deal

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread