bottlehunterofcoscob

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2012
Southern CT
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bought another Hutch listed as rare on Hutchbook. Couldn't pass it up. The form and color are so cool. It says T.E. Caldwell Rochester New York and is a sweet teal color. Also, I think the form is an earlier one because the lip is applied and drippy, and the body is just a little different to the 1890-1900 ones I've seen. It's got a pretty large burst bubble unfortunately, but otherwise it's in good condition. Ideas on value? Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• image-3502619050.jpg
    image-3502619050.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 115
  • image-530788171.jpg
    image-530788171.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 114
  • image-2669142943.jpg
    image-2669142943.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 109
  • image-367740073.jpg
    image-367740073.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 99
  • image-698784762.jpg
    image-698784762.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 102
mini-Lot158_1.jpg

"Lot of two stoneware bottles.
The first: Impressed "DR. CRONK" at the shoulder.

The second: Impressed, "T. E. CALDWELL BIRCH BEER".

Both in good condition. Minor wear and stains from use." Lot 158, from http://www.antiques-stoneware.com/March2010/finalmarch2010_2.htm

There's a blueish aqua @ Antique Colored Hutch Soda Bottle T E Caldwell ? Rochester ? New York Ice Blue | eBay

$T2eC16N,!yUE9s6NDMPEBRsbg,wP(!~~60_3.JPG

Hey bhofcc,

Beautiful color on that, sir. Please treat us to some natural light portraits. There's abundant misinformation abroad on Caldwell.

"Super Rare item for any Beer collector.
1871 Beer bottle from T.E. Caldwell brewery
located at 143 1/2 South avenue rochester New York from 1871-1872 , closed in 1872.
Bottle measures 8.5 inches tall and reads :
T.E. Caldwell on one side , rochester new york on the others as shown...."
1_dde7a30a0ca934c6c3e53b27b098a8ba.jpg
1871 BEER BOTTLE T.E. Caldwell Rochester New York (06/14/2011)

Another with a Putnam closure:
1_ef6b9890cfe466bad94d9c3d028c4d4e.jpg
Caldwell Rochester NY Blob Top Soda

He's listed as a Beer Manufacturer in the The Rochester Directory of 1877

sax1.jpg

Very nice color to it, no idea on value but I wish there were more hutches in colors like this to be had from my neck of the woods, nice get.

Very nice color to it, no idea on value but I wish there were more hutches in colors like this to be had from my neck of the woods, nice get.

Thanks, it was the first hutch I'd seen in person with this color. Probably won't find any real info on it but that's alright.

That is a really nice color and an early hutch. IMO you made a good buy

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

I'd a bought that bottle in a heartbeat and probably paid twice as much as you paid.

Sweet bottle!!

Thanks everyone. I hope I did okay. I paid thirty bucks for it. I especially like it because I have a house an hour away from Rochester.

You can trash talk it, but I know you're jealous. Why don't you stop commenting unless you have something good to say.

I have absolutely nothing good to say about that P.O.S.

Nice Botttle, but....

Do you two Live together :icon_scratch:
(same house ? same Head ? )

Let's just say I notice things in Profiles members don't :unhappysmiley:

Last edited:
Vik and I sometimes post in the same place if that's what you mean because my acquaintance enjoys poking fun at my posts.

Vik and I sometimes post in the same place if that's what you mean because my acquaintance enjoys poking fun at my posts.

that will do it.

f.y.i. his comment caused it to look like he as being a bit over the top
to several members and we received reports.

if things were to get out of line, a ban on one of you's, would automatically take out both of you.

just a heads up .

I understand, I've told him to calm it down but I don't have control over what he posts.

Well Vik is violating our rules, just so you know, if it continues he will get a timeout which will mean all ips he uses will be affected, any ip you and he share will be part of timeout (ban)....

Well Vik is violating our rules, just so you know, if it continues he will get a timeout which will mean all ips he uses will be affected, any ip you and he share will be part of timeout (ban)....

I'll tell him to stop. It would be a shame if I couldn't use this great site anymore.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back