What's new

Another Brass Whats-it.

vhs07

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2007
Messages
1,345
Reaction score
2,222
Golden Thread
0
Location
Victoria, Texas
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Cortez
Another Brass What's-it.

Here’s another brass item I like to get identified. I have two of these and one looks like it had been chrome plated at one time. I was told these were to clamp a spare tire on the running boards of an old automobile. It made sense, but I can’t find any photos of cars that had this type of clamps, so I’m thinking they are for something else. Maybe oilfield related? The inside measures 6 ¾” across. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Charles
 

Attachments

  • 01112012 051.webp
    01112012 051.webp
    27.6 KB · Views: 251
  • 01112012 052.webp
    01112012 052.webp
    35.8 KB · Views: 253
  • 01112012 053.webp
    01112012 053.webp
    65.7 KB · Views: 297
  • 01112012 054.webp
    01112012 054.webp
    13.2 KB · Views: 305
  • 01112012 055.webp
    01112012 055.webp
    40.2 KB · Views: 304
  • 01112012 056.webp
    01112012 056.webp
    56.3 KB · Views: 289
Re: Another Brass What's-it.

It looks like a large conduit pipe bracket but I dont know if they are made so large.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Another Brass What's-it.

Looks like some so sort of digging tool, but prob not if brass. Cool looking.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Another Brass What's-it.

clamp to hold tires in the wheel wells on early cars
 

Attachments

  • tire clamp.webp
    tire clamp.webp
    49.8 KB · Views: 251
Upvote 0
Re: Another Brass What's-it.

kracer55 said:
clamp to hold tires in the wheel wells on early cars


Wow, guess that takes care of that one pretty quick, Great work.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Another Brass What's-it.

kracer55 said:
clamp to hold tires in the wheel wells on early cars
Thanks kracer55.
Do you happen to kwon what model car that is?
 
Upvote 0
Re: Another Brass What's-it.

kracer55 said:
clamp to hold tires in the wheel wells on early cars
Great ID. Im surprised you beat creskol. ;D :D 8)
 
Upvote 0
Re: Another Brass What's-it.

Now that's a great ID. Bravo! :hello2:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom