What's new

Another Coin Defect Question......

sasnz

Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2006
Messages
429
Reaction score
29
Golden Thread
0
Location
Auckland
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500 GTI
Hi Everyone,

I have a Key date Coin from new zealand, and the coin I am certain is uncirculated. However it has a what looks like what I believe a mint error. I am just wondering if anyone else has come across such a error on any other coins. I have been collecting for a while and have never come across such an error before. On the last photo the lifted part looks as tho it has been repressed into the field. Any help would be helpful.

Oh.. coin is .500 silver

Cheers Sasnz
 

Attachments

  • Copy of confidentiality agreement pg 2 001.webp
    Copy of confidentiality agreement pg 2 001.webp
    42.2 KB · Views: 248
  • Copy (2) of confidentiality agreement pg 2 001.webp
    Copy (2) of confidentiality agreement pg 2 001.webp
    27.9 KB · Views: 243
  • Copy (3) of confidentiality agreement pg 2 001.webp
    Copy (3) of confidentiality agreement pg 2 001.webp
    7.7 KB · Views: 229
Never seen a die crack like that 4 - H, The rim looks as tho a slither of metal has lifted off the Blank and then been repressed back on the coin after folding over some. I have seen plenty of die cracks in my time and personally dont think that is the cause. I am thinking the Blank may have gotten to hot and softened the metal to create this sliver of metal lifting off the rim. Has anyone else seen anything like this before

Sasnz
 
Upvote 0
Hinged error. Very small one which may take away in value were a large one adds to value. It is were the metal does not meld properly nad just is laid on the other metal. It stamps normally yet it not a full meld and is hinged at one end.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom