What's new

Another Day Another Dive. More Gold, More Silver and Two Stumpers

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2016
Messages
3,689
Reaction score
8,247
Golden Thread
1
Location
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
12 of my 13 tanks were hungry so I went to a dive shop to get them fed. While I was there I got the urge to go play again. So off to the old swim area. As soon as I got there I got a call from the person I got the boat parts for yesterday. He now dropped his anchor off the bow of his boat in his slip. Told me another 50.00 will be waiting at the marina tomorrow when I retrieve it. So another job tomorrow.

So I went out with one tank and had a bit more fun. Got my second V nickel from this spot. A 1907. Got my second EVER 16k ring. That is what it is marked but I do have my doubts. Looks more like 10K. Three mercs and a Rosevelt. 3 junk rings, 4 wheat's and a house.

Strange finds were the Triple A round key, and the round aluminum pendant maybe with a broken loop? Any ideas on either? The round key is with a strange Ford key. I have a few of them with the futuristic cars on them.

















 
Upvote 48
What a Cornucopia of finds - rings - Mercs - Rosie's - wheaties - religious medallions & others "congrats" - think I am going to start taking diving lessons - anyway thanks again for sharing your post with us & wish you many more great finds.

Texas ED
 
Awesome hunt and finds again - wish I had the time to hunt that you do
could your AAA thing be part of a 2 piece thing like this one ?
il_340x270.884563875_nswu.webp
 
Nice underwater finds! Something about that near east token is fascinating, though.

aj
 
Another great time out Bob! My first ever seen 16k.. and only you could find it.. Great save!
 
So today was "Tanks ... for the memories"? (Apologies to Bob Hope.) Serious bling (I've never heard of 16 K, but why not?) and those others. Thanks for sharing with us!
 
Very cool finds yet again, congrats
 
You've got some unique finds for sure. :icon_thumright:
 
Wow Scuba, that nickel is in great shape, the ring is a sweet find as well as many of your other finds. Congrats. :occasion14:
 
Great finds! That 16k ring is probably legit, and from the 1920s! :occasion14:
 
Wow Scuba, that nickel is in great shape, the ring is a sweet find as well as many of your other finds. Congrats. :occasion14:

Actually that nickel is toast. They come out of the muck and sand clean, however there is no detail on it anymore. Water is backwards from land. Silver is black, nickels are clean.

Thanks for all the replies. I was thinking that my posts might be overwhelming and starting to bore people. Tomorrow will find the anchor he lost off the front of his boat in his slip and then make another dive or two at the park. Hopefully will be able to scrounge up some other interesting trinkets.

The reason I absolutely love underwater parks is they haven't been pounded like land parks. Not a lot swam with money in their pockets but they did swim with rings and stuff. It sure would be nice to find an underwater pocket spill of gold coins!!
 
Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I THINK ALOT OF PEOPLE WOULD LIKE TO SEE YOUR STUFF ON THE BEACH & WATER FORUM THOUGH TOO

Actually that nickel is toast. They come out of the muck and sand clean, however there is no detail on it anymore. Water is backwards from land. Silver is black, nickels are clean.

Thanks for all the replies. I was thinking that my posts might be overwhelming and starting to bore people. Tomorrow will find the anchor he lost off the front of his boat in his slip and then make another dive or two at the park. Hopefully will be able to scrounge up some other interesting trinkets.

The reason I absolutely love underwater parks is they haven't been pounded like land parks. Not a lot swam with money in their pockets but they did swim with rings and stuff. It sure would be nice to find an underwater pocket spill of gold coins!!
 
Another great day. Love the finds. I think kalwarya is Calvary. Not sure of the language. Something eastern European. Maybe from a church in the home country or somewhere like Hamtramik. Really like mystery finds.
 
Very cool, I love that water stuff. I found more religious medallions in the water then any other sites.
 
Wow I cant even imagine Ive gone out for hundreds of hours here in ann arbor 540 clad quarters 18 rings 412 dimes 1344 pennies 134 nickels only 49 silver coins this is 2 years and probably 800 hours give or take I cant imagine I did do silver lake like we were talking about my At pro was just constantly ringing up 10 to 26 vdi did find some coins digging in the water is not as easy as I thought Ive gotten a little better. Great job. Always look forward to your posts thanks for sharing. Tommy
 
Wow I cant even imagine Ive gone out for hundreds of hours here in ann arbor 540 clad quarters 18 rings 412 dimes 1344 pennies 134 nickels only 49 silver coins this is 2 years and probably 800 hours give or take I cant imagine I did do silver lake like we were talking about my At pro was just constantly ringing up 10 to 26 vdi did find some coins digging in the water is not as easy as I thought Ive gotten a little better. Great job. Always look forward to your posts thanks for sharing. Tommy

Silver lake is hammered in the shallows, so is Bruin and Half Moon and Pickerel. I took 24 gold rings out of Silver the first weekend I dove there. The only way to find gold in one of them is to be the first in the lake after someone lost it or get lucky that someone missed going over it. I have a small advantage. Nobody hunts where I do or how I do that I know of.

No matter how good you are, someone out there is better. Hopefully they are not in my area.

Off to find an anchor and to make another dive or two at the park. Good luck out there to everyone.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom