What's new

Another Day Another Dive. More Gold, More Silver and Two Stumpers

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2016
Messages
3,689
Reaction score
8,247
Golden Thread
1
Location
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
12 of my 13 tanks were hungry so I went to a dive shop to get them fed. While I was there I got the urge to go play again. So off to the old swim area. As soon as I got there I got a call from the person I got the boat parts for yesterday. He now dropped his anchor off the bow of his boat in his slip. Told me another 50.00 will be waiting at the marina tomorrow when I retrieve it. So another job tomorrow.

So I went out with one tank and had a bit more fun. Got my second V nickel from this spot. A 1907. Got my second EVER 16k ring. That is what it is marked but I do have my doubts. Looks more like 10K. Three mercs and a Rosevelt. 3 junk rings, 4 wheat's and a house.

Strange finds were the Triple A round key, and the round aluminum pendant maybe with a broken loop? Any ideas on either? The round key is with a strange Ford key. I have a few of them with the futuristic cars on them.

















 
Upvote 48
I have really enjoyed seeing all of this stuff from the lake. Quite eye opening, as to what is actually there, in the areas that others can't search.

Congrats on outsmarting the rest of us!
 
Congrats on some nice finds! Very good of that guy to keep dropping stuff overboard for you to retrieve at $50 a pop. First time I've seen a 16k gold anything. Thanks for sharing!
 
Congrats on the 16 K ri,g and silver finds! Awesome!

Your posts are great! Where else are we going to see a 16 K ring, and find out that lake water turns silver dark and not the nickles! There is a lot of info in these posts.

Or who to call when we drop our anchor in the drink! :D
 
I found a medal identical to the winged framed one a while back.
I think they made millions of those back in the day.
Great finds.
 
Last edited:
Sorry for the double post above. Still trying to figure out posting from my phone.
I'll fix it later. ...

***UPDATE*****

If this post is confusing you it's because I already fixed the above post so just disregard this one...
 
Last edited:
sweet hunt !! 16k was widely used in dentistry and some jewelery.prolly legit.
 
i found a 16K ring, i was told that the 16k is a common stamp for Germany.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom