Another Dutch Hunter Crosses Over

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just found out in the last two days that two old friends have died.

One was "Pegleglooker". His name was John Grasson. He wasn't a Dutch Hunter, but he was known from his searching for the Spanish Ship in the Salton Sea Area.

The second was a very good friend named Dave Cook. He was "AZDAVE35" on TNet. He spent his whole life in the area of Apache Junction, and was involved in mining and Dutch Hunting.

I haven't heard anything regarding funeral services for either.

Mike
TY mike . i wonder if he is from AZ ,Phil Cook is a full blooded Akwesasne from the Mohawk wolf tribe . my ant is June Cook his mother ...sorry for those who knew him ...a lot of us old timers are gone and more ever year vanish ...stay safe stay free

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TY mike . i wonder if he is from AZ ,Phil Cook is a full blooded Akwesasne from the Mohawk wolf tribe . my ant is June Cook his mother ...sorry for those who knew him ...a lot of us old timers are gone and more ever year vanish ...stay safe stay free
Hey BB,

Yeah, Dave was from AZ, but I don't think he was any relation.

Mike

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
Of all the people I have met in the Dutch Hunting Community, he was one of the very few I trusted anything out of his mouth to be the truth.

Mike
Mike,
I’m very sorry to hear of Dave’s passing.
Even though I only knew him from T-Net forums, I don’t think I will ever forget Dave. And I mean that in a very positive way :)
I didn’t know the other gentleman, but still, I am sorry for your loss.

Russ

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't visit TNet much anymore, but someone emailed me with the news about Dave. He and I corresponded a number of times, met in AZ and spent a little time together. I hate seeing all these folks passing away :(. I liked Dave - he was a straight shooter and knew A LOT of the old timers and stories that never made it into the public. The next time I went to AZ he was going to show me his hard rock and prospect sites he was working.

I didn't know Peglegger, but recall seeing his posts here as well.

My condolences to both of their familes and friends. More losses that can't be replaced.

Paul

Hinterlander

Dec 28, 2016
AZ
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Of all the people I have met in the Dutch Hunting Community, he was one of the very few I trusted anything out of his mouth to be the truth.

Mike
I am so sorry to hear about Dave. I have always enjoyed his posts on T-Net and felt that he was a straight shooter. I had the opportunity to meet him at the rendezvous a few years ago and really enjoyed talking with him. He will be deeply missed.

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I just found out in the last two days that two old friends have died.

One was "Pegleglooker". His name was John Grasson. He wasn't a Dutch Hunter, but he was known from his searching for the Spanish Ship in the Salton Sea Area.

The second was a very good friend named Dave Cook. He was "AZDAVE35" on TNet. He spent his whole life in the area of Apache Junction, and was involved in mining and Dutch Hunting.

I haven't heard anything regarding funeral services for either.

Mike

Dave died? That's very sad news.

He and I traded barbs over the years because of our political differences, but I had always felt that he was a good guy.

We were going to meet up for lunch next time I was down there. Was looking forward to that.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sad to hear of Dave 's passing. We have shared very good info about Superstitions gold via emails over the years., and never argued each other.
I will post a text for Dave, a text which was dedicated to another Dutchman mine hunter's obituary by his wife few years ago:

"The streets may not be lined with gold, but I hope you find a few good nuggets".

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cactuisjumper I am so sad for you :( Is there anything we can do or say to help ?

393stroker

Jun 27, 2012
HOUSTON
Detector(s) used
Garrett pro-something
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I learned that my friend Somero had passed away last November. I haven`t heard from him in a while and checked his Facebook page. Eric Downs was a cool dude. Here`s a photo of him on the left with the gang.

Attachments

• 273691605_4996051233793517_1042308656704948790_n.jpg
    273691605_4996051233793517_1042308656704948790_n.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 146

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After having been here for a while you see regular members post and then sometimes they are just gone. I often wonder what happened to them.
Lets always hope for the best and reach out if you can. Sometimes a kind word is often needed.
HH

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't come on here much so I was pretty shocked and had to do a double take when I saw Dave had passed.
We'd just talked on the phone late last year.
He was sick at the time and couldn't talk long. It's a damn shame he knew a hell of a lot about gem stones and geology.
I bought what I think was the last Rokon 2X2 motorcycle he restored and was just getting ready to sell it. I may think twIce about selling it now. I will will surely miss Dave he pulled no punches.

My Condolences to the family.

I took my brother in law to his house to meet him. right before the pandemic in early 2020. My in-law Roger Anderson had cancer at the time and was dying. This was after I took him to the NHRA races in Chandler. Dave was a great host and we met his wife although she was sick at the time. He had a huge collection of gemstones he showed us. We talked treasure, Rokon's, and gold for until after dark. Very Good Guy. He will be missed.

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I learned that my friend Somero had passed away last November. I haven`t heard from him in a while and checked his Facebook page. Eric Downs was a cool dude. Here`s a photo of him on the left with the gang.

Oh my gosh!!! I haven't kept in touch with Eric for the last few years but I used to see posts on his Facebook page - usually he and his wife playing with his dog or him out working on framing homes.

I can't believe he passed away - that's a real shame :( I was out in the mountains with him a couple times and he and I always had good conversations.

I hate they I'm reaching the age where folks I know are passing away :(

copperpot

Mar 17, 2015
Mesa, AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dave died? That's very sad news.

He and I traded barbs over the years because of our political differences, but I had always felt that he was a good guy.

We were going to meet up for lunch next time I was down there. Was looking forward to that.
I never met Dave in person, but we messaged each other here on Tnet in the past. I liked him and I’m sorry to hear he passed. I haven’t been on this forum in a while, and just now seeing this. My condolences to his family and friends.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am also sorry for your loss Joe !!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread