What's new

Another gold and returned some keys

Bobbypins

Hero Member
Joined
May 31, 2008
Messages
503
Reaction score
134
Golden Thread
0
Location
Okinawa, Japan
Detector(s) used
Whatever gets the job done
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Today my wife was looking at the local garage sale website for Okinawa. It's amazing what some of these people post at times. I've seen lots of great deals on stuff from military members who are leaving, but on occasion, you see something like this...

Lostkeys.jpg


So my wife showed me the ad, and after a few messages, Jason and I were to meet her where she lost her keys.

We arrived a little early and started hunting the wet sand before she showed up. We didn't have to wait long, as she arrived about 5 minutes later.

She told us the story on how the keys were lost, and to be honest, it wasn't going to be easy. It was a larger area than we thought... having expected something half the size she pointed out for us to scour.

But after a quick start, the keys were found in about 5 minutes. Jason being the homing beacon he is, zoned right in on them in short order.

We parted ways shortly thereafter, and I got a photo of Jason with the lady and her keys. I'll let him post that and recount the story.... MY story starts here....

After we returned the keys and they left, Jason and I decided to stay for a while longer to see what else we could find.

It was raining and a little wavey, but we didn't care. Thank God the Excals are waterproof.

We take off in the same areas we started in, and within 5 minutes I get this banger of a signal..... 1/2 scoop later, this baby sits in the scoop...

004-24.jpg


It's not big... weighing in at a measley 2.29 grams, but like I said before... I'll build my gold stash one gram at a time. And I'll point out that this one makes 3 gold rings in the last 3 hunts. No complaints there 8-)


003-34.jpg



The rest of the hunt only yeilded some fishing weights and minor change. 55 cents and 61 yen to be exact.

So look for Jasons post in the near future. I'm sure he'll like that Honorable Mention tag on his profile, so be sure to take a look.

Happy Hunting!!!
 
Upvote 0
Nice hunt,Gold is always nice.:notworthy:
 
That's a beautiful ring find, Bobby!

Congrats on that find, and congrats to Jason on the keys find..well done!

Lorraine
 
See good always comes back:hello2:
 
a couple of more grams on the gold pile... well done Pins.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom