TwoYewts

Oct 29, 2013
NorthEast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher CZ-21, Makro Racer Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello Everyone,
Hope you enjoyed the holiday weekend and got in some productive hunts!. Took the EQ 800 to the local beach and came away with some Labor Day weekend silver and gold :)

- 1 14k Men's wedding band (not marked but tested and passed for 14k)
- (2) Silver rings. Both marked .925
- 1 Alex and Ani bracelet. Retails new for $38.
- Approx. $8 in clad.

Still just using default Beach 1 and Beach 2 presets. Haven't changed a darn thing and loving the machine. Best productive summer for me yet and I haven't been out much due to kid sport activities. Hope everyone had a great weekend! Thanks for looking. -TwoYewts

20180901_210953_resized.jpg

Upvote 22

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice finds. Are you hunting dry/wet sand or in the water? What kind of VDI’s did you get for the jewelry? Congrats!

OP
OP
TwoYewts

TwoYewts

Oct 29, 2013
NorthEast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher CZ-21, Makro Racer Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice finds. Are you hunting dry/wet sand or in the water? What kind of VDI’s did you get for the jewelry? Congrats!

Hello PA
Hunting both dry and wet. When I got to the beach it was still low tide so I hunted the wet sand in Beach 2 Preset, once the tide came in I hunted the dry in Beach 1 Preset. On this trip, jewelry was all found in the wet sand/water's edge. As for VDIs, 14k ring was bouncing between 11-13. The silver ring rang in at 25 solid (the larger one) and 17-19 for the smaller one. The Alex and Ani I believe came in at a 17...that one I do not honestly recall as well. Basically when hunting the wet, anything in the 17-19 and 11-13 starts getting my heart pumping as those are the ranges in which I have been finding gold. Anything 23+ I dig as well expecting clad and when the occasional silver ring pops up its a welcome surprise.

Hope that helps.
TwoYewts

Last edited:

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That’s a nice haul of finds. A little bit of everything including gold. Congrats. I have the 600 and use the same settings with good results.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds! I hunted the beach for the first time while in vacation a couple weeks ago and I can definitely see the apeal.

Whyme

Silver Member
Aug 22, 2007
Western New York
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! :icon_thumleft: I like that bracelet with the peace symbol on it, very neat.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello PA
Hunting both dry and wet. When I got to the beach it was still low tide so I hunted the wet sand in Beach 2 Preset, once the tide came in I hunted the dry in Beach 1 Preset. On this trip, jewelry was all found in the wet sand/water's edge. As for VDIs, 14k ring was bouncing between 11-13. The silver ring rang in at 25 solid (the larger one) and 17-19 for the smaller one. The Alex and Ani I believe came in at a 17...that one I do not honestly recall as well. Basically when hunting the wet, anything in the 17-19 and 11-13 starts getting my heart pumping as those are the ranges in which I have been finding gold. Anything 23+ I dig as well expecting clad and when the occasional silver ring pops up its a welcome surprise.

Hope that helps.
TwoYewts

Yes sir, it does help. I think any information such as above for any machine used is always useful for others that have and use the same type of detector.

claire

Nov 24, 2008
long island ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm V, MX 5, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job Dan!! That gold ring is a beauty! Hope to see you out there this weekend!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread