What's new

another great score ( pics)

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 16, 2009
Messages
1,915
Reaction score
120
Golden Thread
0
Location
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, today I went and got $300 of halves from varius banks. 2 of the rolls I got looked really old, I peeked into the end of one. A 66 Ken was lookin at me, so I peeked into the other end, it was a 68. I thought to myself, "No way, I've got a solid roll of silver". I looked at the other roll, had the same kind of wrapper. Silver on both ends as well. I actually saved those rolls for last to open since I knew I had some silver in them. None of the other rolls produced, so I went on to open these 2 rolls up. ALL SILVER!! My first solid roll ever, and I got 2 of em in one day. I couldn't beleive it. Only 2 90%, but still a great day. That puts me at over 90 silver coins on the month. My second big find in 3 weeks, all from customer rolls.
tally by year:
69- 1
68- 17
67- 14
66- 3
65- 3
64- 2
Here are pics along with pics from last weeks find, in which I found the walking liberty, a 64, and 4 40% with it. Hope u all enjoy!!
 

Attachments

  • halves1.webp
    halves1.webp
    66.6 KB · Views: 368
  • halves2.webp
    halves2.webp
    72.2 KB · Views: 351
  • halves3.webp
    halves3.webp
    72.7 KB · Views: 370
  • halves4.webp
    halves4.webp
    40.3 KB · Views: 363
  • halves5.webp
    halves5.webp
    82.9 KB · Views: 356
Upvote 0
Dang, that's a pretty sweet find!
 
One of my best ever. I seem to be on fire lately. I'm glad I started crh-ing, only been about a year now but I'm hooked. I would say it is definately a very lucrative hobby, and it's fun.
 
timbobwey said:
One of my best ever. I seem to be on fire lately. I'm glad I started crh-ing, only been about a year now but I'm hooked. I would say it is definately a very lucrative hobby, and it's fun.

I wouldnt say its very lucrative for myself. Yes there is money to be made but you add up the time and the resources to get the coins and its about a wash. But it is fun.
 
nice going. lets see how lucrative it seems when the finds hit a big lull. there's going to be more downs than ups in the long run but this sure is a great hobby and can sometimes pay very well. :thumbsup:
 
Once it's in your system, you can never quite shake it. I aquired the habit 30 years ago, it's still with me. ffd
 
Well, right now the hobby is being very kind to me. I realize that there are ups and downs, and there's gonna be skunks out there, we all get them. Right now for this year so far, I have gone through $2,600 in halves, and I have pulled 90 silver coins. 17 NIFC, and I think 4 proofs. My percentage of silver is like 3.5% on the year. That seems really high, I read a lot of people saying they're percentage is like 0.5%. I know I've been very lucky, I honestly never expected to find so much.
It is a very fun hobby, but yes it does take time. I don't mind searching the coins, I can go through a box pretty quickly anyhow.
good hunting everyone!
 
Hey Fistful, what part of Michigan r u from?? I'm also in Michigan
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom