What's new

Another Greenstone Preform

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2009
Messages
3,315
Reaction score
250
Golden Thread
0
Location
»»--------->
Found this piece a few hundred yards from where I found the celt preform. It's been pecked and polished into shape, very smooth and well made. I'm calling it a preform but that's just my best guess. I've got some ideas on what it is but would appreciate hearing any comments or opinions you may have.
 

Attachments

  • phpRtKuxaPM.webp
    phpRtKuxaPM.webp
    21.8 KB · Views: 799
  • phpfgCHwwPM.webp
    phpfgCHwwPM.webp
    25.9 KB · Views: 801
  • php5WnFavPM.webp
    php5WnFavPM.webp
    34.5 KB · Views: 763
  • phpI1kKNHPM.webp
    phpI1kKNHPM.webp
    25.5 KB · Views: 779
  • php8hWzEwPM.webp
    php8hWzEwPM.webp
    41.1 KB · Views: 800
Upvote 0
Killer..thanks for the view. I don't have the chance to find much hardstone down here but there is the occasional greenstone gorget..plummet or celt. I have a hardstone celt that is improving by hand polish also.
 
Good bump, Gator. I must have missed this the first go around, my son was only a month old and I was too busy to keep up. Cool stuff, Ryan, lots of good info. I have found a few greenstone pieces around here, but nothing like those. Thanks for the view.
 
interesting thread
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom