Another silver pendant in an extremely trash filled day

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I think I dug the most trash I've ever dug - my pouch was getting heavy by the end.

I managed to pull out 18 zincolns, 7 dimes and one quarter for $1.13.

But, I did find a delight, need to do more cleaning on it:

Thu Apr 12 16-25-34.jpg Thu Apr 12 16-25-51.jpg

I've not found markings yet, but did a stone scratch and it tested positive for silver. That's certainly not a diamond inside it!

But it saved a nasty day of digging!

Upvote 22
OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
That's a beauty congrats

Yes it is! Thanks!

The strange thing was, it had a broken string for a necklace. Geez, I wonder how they lost it..... Duh!

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A hard day of digging paid off with a nice artisan piece. A good day for sure!

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
A hard day of digging paid off with a nice artisan piece. A good day for sure!

Oh yes! If I hadn't found that pendant, I might not plan to go back to that site again anytime soon. I did keep some of the lead items and about a 12" piece of rebar for my coming electrolysis set-up, I save the lead - great for use in weight belts. I was swinging the Tejon, A whole lot of what I dug was folded or balled up pieces of foil. I really should have taken a picture of it all, but I don't normally do that - I just dump it when I find a can.

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh yes! If I hadn't found that pendant, I might not plan to go back to that site again anytime soon. I did keep some of the lead items and about a 12" piece of rebar for my coming electrolysis set-up, I save the lead - great for use in weight belts. I was swinging the Tejon, A whole lot of what I dug was folded or balled up pieces of foil. I really should have taken a picture of it all, but I don't normally do that - I just dump it when I find a can.

Yeah, the shrinks call this random reinforcement. Very effective. LOL

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils - Garett ACE 250 - Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very awesome find!
Probably one of a kind with out a makers mark.
I know those new age hippies love wrapping stones in silver wire lol.

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Very awesome find! Probably one of a kind with out a makers mark. I know those new age hippies love wrapping stones in silver wire lol.

I'd found another with a broken "cage". Tested that one and it's not silver. But I still love it!

Fri Nov 24 20-20-44.jpg Fri Nov 24 20-22-12.jpg

I'd like to get that leg soldered back on - maybe someday.

Of course now, this new one does please me more than the broken one :)

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils - Garett ACE 250 - Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd found another with a broken "cage". Tested that one and it's not silver. But I still love it!

View attachment 1577023 View attachment 1577024

I'd like to get that leg soldered back on - maybe someday.

Of course now, this new one does please me more than the broken one :)

Wow I like the color of the stone on that one.
A quick stop at the jewelers and it will be perfect again.
I would wear both of them with pride. :icon_thumleft:
Found in the same park?

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
A quick stop at the jewelers and it will be perfect again. Found in the same park?

The jeweler is a great suggestion, I know I can't do the repair - kinda wondered who to take it to, but then drifted off into some other subject!

And yes, they were found in the same site.

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
It’s gorgeous deepseeker. Silver always saves a day when we’re digging nothing but trash. Makes it all better. Congratulations

Thanks! It got to be torture after a while. I found the pendant early on and from then had great expectations. One of those balls of foil could have been a gold ring.

Alas, it wasn't, but I'm more than happy as is.

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks! It got to be torture after a while. I found the pendant early on and from then had great expectations. One of those balls of foil could have been a gold ring.

Alas, it wasn't, but I'm more than happy as is.

Oh yeah it’s definitely better when you find the silver AFTER you dig trash all day. So you spent the whole time chasing that high you got right off the bat! Lol Been there too.... as a matter fact that happens most of the time for me.

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with truth1253 silver makes it a great day again. Congrats!

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I got my brain and interest going, so I put that pendant into a straight water bath and ran my ultra-sonic cleaner for 5 minutes. Took it out and looked at it - put it back in for a 10 minute run with the heat turned on. Here's the results - still some marks on the stone, but much nicer!

Thu Apr 12 21-45-25.jpg Thu Apr 12 21-46-25.jpg

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
LOOKS TO BE FROM THE 20s ERA.NICE FIND

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
LOOKS TO BE FROM THE 20s ERA.NICE FIND

Well my friend, it sure made my day. Still got them zincolns, dimes, and that quarter in my savings for the next great thing to come along! Waiting for an EQ800 - already on order but someday it will come.

That's what the clad and zincolns are for :)

P.ALLEN

Jun 8, 2017
A2 Michigan
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Tesoro Compadre, Ace 250, CMS magnetics, Garrett pinpointer, Fiskars trenching spade.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a herc diamond or a quartz point, it would be nice to be a herc

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread