What's new

Another Vacation Hunt, "V" is for Nickel

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2014
Messages
12,099
Reaction score
18,282
Golden Thread
1
Location
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Day two of the vacation I went back and finished the permission from yesterday. The 1st target was the 1910 V nickel (only my 2nd one). :thumbsup: I was hoping this was a good sign for the day. The V was the only notable coin dug besides a 58D wheatie. It took 4 hours for me to re-grid the front and side yards in another direction and to do a single grid on the back lot. I was hoping the names on the good luck token meant something to Dennis (the property owner), but they didn't. The aluminum tag may be from a car part.

I then reconnoitered a couple other hunt sites where farm houses once stood and the sites are now in wooded areas. Since I was going by the local state park, I took the liberty to hunt a couple spots there. All in all it was another good vacation day, beautiful weather, a chance to slow time down, and enjoy the great out doors. :hello2: There are a few houses in town that I will be cold knocking tomorrow. Fingers crossed that I get the okay for another new permission hunt.

By the way, the V nickel only rang in on the right to left pass of the swing and was silent on the return sweep. :dontknow: Glad I decided to dig that iffy. :4leafclover: It's the oldest coin from the permission.

Today's Notable Finds

20160920_234450.webp20160920_234541.webp

All Finds (less trash)

20160920_164702.webp

As always, I hope ya'll got out and swung the coil :metaldetector: today.

GL & HH
 
Upvote 32
Thanks Whadi, yes it is, the only shield and the 1st V are not in as good of shape as the one just found.

Funny how that works L.D., ain't it? I've found indian head cents in the same hole where one has that lovely, perfect green patina and the other looks like it's been through a grinder. :)
 
Great Digs Loco! I like the old GM Company key fob, and the names (although badly spelled) on the Good Luck Token are"Wilfredo" and Mary. You are welcome, LOL! Sub 8-)
 
Vacation! Don't get vacation when you are retired! lol Nice finds Loco.
 
Hey I really like that V nickel! It's in really nice condition for coming out of the ground, hope I find one that nice someday. Congrats and HH
 
Enjoy your vacation, sounds like you are keep up the permissions. and good finds
 
Vacation! Don't get vacation when you are retired! lol Nice finds Loco.

Thanks 2m, it is hard to take a vacation from the retirement vacation :tongue3:

Great Digs Loco! I like the old GM Company key fob, and the names (although badly spelled) on the Good Luck Token are"Wilfredo" and Mary. You are welcome, LOL! Sub 8-)

LOL sub, good guess on the name.

Enjoy your vacation, sounds like you are keep up the permissions. and good finds

thanks A2, I had to work for the permission today. :unhappysmiley:
 
Nice going on the V nickel! One of many on my bucket list.
 
Nice going on the V nickel! One of many on my bucket list.

Thanks Mike I have a feeling that you and your e-trac are gonna dig many bucket listers.
 
LD,

The V nickel is in great shape.

Regards + HH

Bill
 
I need a closeup of that!
 
Congratz on a very nice V nickel!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom