Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Didn't get to hunt as much this week, but did manage a couple of keepers. Started out Wednesday at the blue barn hunting with Lisa (DiggerBug). I had gone over some old maps and found that in the pasture there was a structure, so I wanted to check it out and see what I could find. Well...the horses heard the gate open and so here they all made a mad dash across the field. No problem as far as I was concerned, just someone else to talk to while I was diggin. :D Here I am wondering up the hill and I turn around only to see Lisa squeezing back through the gate for safety! :D She decided that she wanted to take some pics instead of hunt. :D
100_7502.jpg

100_7504.jpg

100_7505.jpg

After a few snapshots and recovering her gear, she decided to hunt around the barn and I carried on looking for the site in the pasture all the while trying to keep the horses from pulling at my pockets and munching on the detector. :P I ended up as usual doodling around all over the place and found a few keepers....an old ring, a silver Rosie that the plow got and couple of purdy good bullets. After a while I went down to the blue barn and found another tax token..but this one is different from the one's I usually find. It's very small. Smaller than a dime and someone put a hole in it. :(
100_7516.jpg

100_7514.jpg

Thursday I went back for a couple of hours and not much on the keepers. Got a lipstick tube, a buckle and a weird looking lid. All I could see at the site on it was the eye! ;D
100_7509.jpg

Then today Shannon and I took the boys to pick strawberries for the first half of the day. We all had a great time and ate soooo many berries, I probably should have paid for two buckets full instead of one! :D MMMMMM...they were so sweet!
100_7556.jpg

100_7555.jpg

100_7519.jpg

100_7564.jpg

Second half of the day I went back to the button mountain. The pasture here is on idle right now and the wild flowers are just beautiful!
100_7567.jpg

No buttons today, but did find this neat little pin/barrett? Looks like it had silver on it at one time..still a dot or two left on it.
100_7584.jpg

100_7583.jpg

Hope you all have a great weekend!!!

Nana :)

Upvote 0

Salvager

Sep 4, 2006
Queensland, Australia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov. Elite / Explorer II
Wow Nana-looks like a dang nice day out!
Nice scenery-great company-sweet finds-what more could you want!

Thanks for the pics!

Have fun,
Salvager

Yarrum

Mar 13, 2007
Queensland, Australia
Detector(s) used
Jackeroo, BH Landstar
Looks like a great day indeed, especially when strawberries are involved ;D
That horse looks like it was gonna have a munch on that detector.

gold fish

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2006
N.W.A.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro - Cortez Minelab SE
Very cool on the silver, that ring does look exceptionally old, see if you can get a date on it.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great pics the one with you and the kids look soooooooooooooooooo cutie patootie

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some really nice finds, Nana. Love that barrett looking thingie. Caution with those horses...they can do some scary things. Now, lets see about those strawberry fields...they're forever here, I got berries coming out of my ears. Really enjoyed the pics!!

;) RR

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nana,
You're always horsing around. ;D Beautiful pictures, and nice finds. Those strawberries are making me hungry for shortcake. ;)
Thanks for the post,
MM

PATreasureHunter

Mar 22, 2007
Lititz, PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Thats so weird Nana! I found a pin/barret just like yours today too. Your's is in a little better shape though. Found it in Lancaster County, PA. Please let me know if you find any info on it. Thanks!

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
great pics nana ! looks like you did pretty good to me !

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Look's like a great day in my book Nana....Congrat's on the silver.I think most of the strawberry grower's take in account an extra bucket or two.Great pic's...HH!!

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Some nice pictures! I guess there is more to life than just pulling coins out of the ground.

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Nice finds, especially the Strawberries. :) Those look great. Nothing like fresh picked.

That tax tolken looks old. Very cool.

Always nice to come home with a silver coin too. Even with a ding.

Bob

OP
OP
Nana40

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks ya'll! :D

Fish...I don't know how I would ever get any kind of a date on that ring... :-\
PAT...No kiddin! Have a pic of it? There are no maker marks on mine and I have spent a couple of hours searching for one like it with no results. :-\ If you find something out, let me know! :)
Civil..when we first arrived at the strawberry field, I knew there would be lots eaten before we could get back to pay for them and I asked the owner if I needed to keep up with how many we put away in the field.. :D She said, "Naaa...it's expected." ;)
Blue.....MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions