What's new

✅ SOLVED Another What is it for the experts

oldbattleaxe

Sr. Member
Joined
May 26, 2010
Messages
449
Reaction score
340
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Technetics
This thing measures 9 1/2" long. the handle measures 4 3/4" . It looks to be sterling where the engraving is. It has 4 grooves where you can place a piece of thin metal or knife blade. American Specialties Co. Inc. Nov. 29 1893. marked on one side. Thank you in advance.
 

Attachments

  • DSC09395.webp
    DSC09395.webp
    500.4 KB · Views: 171
  • DSC09396.webp
    DSC09396.webp
    538.7 KB · Views: 125
  • DSC09397.webp
    DSC09397.webp
    560.3 KB · Views: 127
  • DSC09398.webp
    DSC09398.webp
    486.9 KB · Views: 107
Well, I've never seen one...someone will know.
 
Upvote 0
That was fast ffuries and great call. :notworthy:
 
Upvote 0
Looks like a reamer, but I've never seen one so fancy ?
 
Upvote 0
Reminds me of a sewing or leather tool. :dontknow:
Can't find any pics that match, though....
 
Upvote 0
I am going with tool sharpener. If you read the description in the link ffuries provided it describes the tool. A reamer would be solid.
 
Upvote 0
I agree with Sarge. A knife blade edge fits nicely in between the four slots. I am a retired mechanic and a reamer has an edge on it. I do not think there ever was an outside edge to cut metal and it is too fancy for a reamer. I was also thinking medical tool sharpener since it has a fancy engraved piece.
 
Upvote 0
Great ID nice relic
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom